Walltimore

Sanity Check

8 hours ago, TommyPickles said:

The first porridge was too hot.

Now the porridge is too cold.

Is it really that crazy to ask for it just right?

Well, no of course not, but who is asking?  You?  Me?  Someone else?  The problem is, someones just right is another's too cold or too hot.

35 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Well, no of course not, but who is asking?  You?  Me?  Someone else?  The problem is, someones just right is another's too cold or too hot.

The reality is that no matter how the O's might change the wall, a sizable contingent of the Hangout will bitch and moan about the change. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I disagree and the mental aspect of things matters here. The Os pitching is better because of that wall. They are largely a fly ball staff.

Sure, maybe we score more runs…maybe but we undoubtedly give up a lot more runs.

They’re not really a fly ball heavy pitching staff, though. They were pretty balanced this year, 42.2% GB rate (13th highest) and 38.8% FB rate (16th highest). Not quite as GB heavy as last year, when it was even more substantially in favor of GBs. 

But they are a fly ball heavy batting team. They were at 40.5% FB rate (3rd in the league).