RHH Outfield Targets

sportsfan8703

28 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

You know what players like about the Dodgers?  How much money they're going to get paid.  

And the whole "perennial World Series contender" thing.

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Will be interesting to compare their contracts. All things equal I'd probably prefer Teoscar, but Santander is a great fit for our park. 

My suspicion is that both guys will end up overpaid disappointments to whoever wins the bidding wars for their services.

32 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

I agree on avg and stealing but their OBP has been pretty similar since 2022.

2022-2024, from Baseball Savant ML Search

Tony

Teoscar

BB%

K%

BA

xBA

OBP

xOBP

wOBA

xwOBA

BABIP

ISO

Whiff

Yeah, I don't personally see much reason to swap out Santander for Hernandez at the end of the day, but I don't actually want to sign either guy so... :noidea:

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

And the whole "perennial World Series contender" thing.

My suspicion is that both guys will end up overpaid disappointments to whoever wins the bidding wars for their services.

Yeah, I don't personally see much reason to swap out Santander for Hernandez at the end of the day, but I don't actually want to sign either guy so... :noidea:

I hear LA is a pretty nice place to live if you are rich.

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Right now the 2025 OF has three LHH OF in Cowser, Mullins, and Kjerstad. I’m not sure what the bench makeup of this team will be, but it looks like we’ll need 1-2 RHH options. 

We could bring Slater back on a small “Tony Kemp” like 1 year deal or a milb deal. 

With Santander leaving, and Mateo back to being in the CF mix once healthy, do we go with a more COF RHH type?

Trades are a possibility as well, but here is a list of upcoming RHH OF Free Agents,

IMG_6141.jpeg

id be all in on Teoscar, but the contract is probably massive. The only other guy on the list is O’Neal. If you are looking at the other I think you bring back Santander.

Edited by Roll Tide

2 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

But where do you plan to play him and his 1st percentile range and 21st percentile arm?

Like, if you think Kjerstad isn't good enough to ever play OF for the Orioles, then I guess you plan to DH Teoscar 100% of the time?

Yep …. So I’m not liking the options. Might as well resign Santander if he comes at a hometown discount. I’m betting he’d do it to remain. 

O’Neils D-War was -.5 so maybe he’d be an acceptable option. 

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Yep …. So I’m not liking the options. Might as well resign Santander if he comes at a hometown discount. I’m betting he’d do it to remain. 

O’Neils D-War was -.5 so maybe he’d be an acceptable option. 

The time to get Santander on a hometown discount was before he became a free agent.  I think you're going to be disappointed.