Current 40 man roster

Sports Guy

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/roster/40-man

This is the current 40 man roster.

If we are only looking at players under team control for 2025(ie no Burnes or Santander, for example) , how many members of the current 40 man roster do you think should be on the OD 26 man roster.

I have said I believe we have about 21 spots locked up for 2025. I personally believe it should be less than that but I don’t think the Os would agree.

What do you think? Who do you want kept and who do you want gone?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/roster/40-man

This is the current 40 man roster.

If we are only looking at players under team control for 2025(ie no Burnes or Santander, for example) , how many members of the current 40 man roster do you think should be on the OD 26 man roster.

I have said I believe we have about 21 spots locked up for 2025. I personally believe it should be less than that but I don’t think the Os would agree.

What do you think? Who do you want kept and who do you want gone?

I really wish they would include options on this.  Some reason options and contract stuff is top secret for some reason.  I think we will add 4-6 guys to the 26 man roster next season by the end of spring Training.  

I count 11 position players. No Mayo. If they move on from say Urias then Mayo can be there. Either way they will add just a backup C and RH OF unless more than I imagine happens. 

Adley-Mountcastle-Westy-Gunnar-Holliday-Urias-O’Hearn-Cowser-Mullins-Kjerstad-Mateo

Pitchers I see this. Felix-Cano-Akin-Coulombe-Dominguez-Soto-Suarez?-Eflin-Grod-Kremer-Povich 

I have 22. Suarez I’m basing off being under control. You could kick off one of Soto or Dominguez. I don’t have Perez on there. That said he could be. 

At end of day I think max would be 23 and fewest 20. The bare minimum of additions externally would be 3. SP, backup C and RH OF. You could make an argument they have “enough” for the pen. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I count 11 position players. No Mayo. If they move on from say Urias then Mayo can be there. Either way they will add just a backup C and RH OF unless more than I imagine happens. 

Adley-Mountcastle-Westy-Gunnar-Holliday-Urias-O’Hearn-Cowser-Mullins-Kjerstad-Mateo

Pitchers I see this. Felix-Cano-Akin-Coulombe-Dominguez-Soto-Suarez?-Eflin-Grod-Kremer-Povich 

I have 22. Suarez I’m basing off being under control. You could kick off one of Soto or Dominguez. I don’t have Perez on there. That said he could be. 

At end of day I think max would be 23 and fewest 20. The bare minimum of additions externally would be 3. SP, backup C and RH OF. You could make an argument they have “enough” for the pen. 

Suarez I’m basing off being under control.

At what cost?

3 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

I really wish they would include options on this.  Some reason options and contract stuff is top secret for some reason.  I think we will add 4-6 guys to the 26 man roster next season by the end of spring Training.  

IMO, Fangraphs organizational Depth Chart is the best resource out there. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/depth-charts/orioles

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

To be honest I whiffed on Webb. They may not add a pen arm. I’m sure they will add depth but not sure how quality it will be.  

Edited by eddie83