Option decisions …

Roll Tide

58 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

What if we could replace him with Kirby Yates on a 1 year deal for the same money? 

Yates will cost more in 2025 though right?  I haven't looked at either one's underlying metrics to have a strong opinion on who I would project for better 2025 stats, but Yates has earned a pay raise. 

Soto's BB% is his big issue.  Can he take the next step?  His September gives hope but very SSS.

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

Yates will cost more in 2025 though right?  I haven't looked at either one's underlying metrics to have a strong opinion on who I would project for better 2025 stats, but Yates has earned a pay raise. 

Soto's BB% is his big issue.  Can he take the next step?  His September gives hope but very SSS.

If Yates costs more than Seranthony's $8M, I doubt it would be by much. He is 38, albeit coming off a big year. I guess the Kimbrel contract would be a pretty big increase over Seranthony. I would rather have Yates though and we have only so much room for veterans.

6 hours ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Agree completely. Elias signed these two for 25 and knew what they would cost. Soto is 6 million I believe. I personally am non tendering Perez.

Perez is more trusted than Soto.  Look at how they were used in the playoffs.  Soto was the last one of the 4 lefties used.  That lets you know where he stands.  Sure, he had a good ERA in his last 20 appearances, in what role though?  The TJ MacFarland, Mop up LHRP role?  

Soto was a shot in the dark.  I don't really care about his 5 million salary or if it was 5k.  The three other lefties are more valuable, and we need a free spot to shuttle in fresh arms.  

Akin - can go more than 3 outs

Perez - is trusted.  Doesn't give up homers.

Coloumbe - is a good setup man

Soto - put up a mop up ERA in low leverage.  

There's not room for 4 LH RP, but that's just my opinion.  We could always trade Soto.  

We'll see what Elias does?  I think we're going to see more moving and shaking this offseason.