Cowser voted AL Outstanding Rookie

Bird Lady

Great little video package, and really glad for Colton.

I think you see a little bit of the mental part  that’s still there with him, even in that video celebrating him for his accomplishments. Still too much of his self-image is that kid nobody wanted out of high school. Still doesn’t quite truly believe he belongs on this level, that just being himself is plenty. Don’t need to hit 500 foot bombs and throw 100 MPH lasers and bat 1.000 with men on in order to prove you’re worthy. Just be the really good player you are. 

2 hours ago, Allan Bryant said:

Congrats to Cowser and nice award for his work . But I’m assuming that this is not the award that determines if Orioles get complimentary draft pick for ?

Correct Cowser has to win AL ROY for the Orioles to get the bonus draft pick. Odds are looking good with Cowser getting this award, but I don't think it's a sure bet like Gunnar winning last season.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That's cool that that's your book and all bro, but the actual billionaires who own baseball teams clearly don't give a F about your book. The Red Sox tried to poach Beane by making him the highest paid executive in baseball without having won a World Series. The Dodgers did poach Friedman and made him the highest paid executive in baseball without having won a World Series. And yes, if Elias was on the open market right now, someone would offer him the most money or real close to it and total control because of what he has achieved here, despite not having won a World Series. And the Baltimore Orioles would be much worse off for it. We should all hope and pray that Rubenstein appreciates what he has, and when the time comes, pays him at the top of the market to retain him.  Thankfully, from all public statements, that very well seems to be Rubenstein's intention. Despite your book.
    • I'd have the same level of joy if the O's won one of those.  
    • So signing Snell, a good reliever, a 4th OFer that hits lefties and a good back up C is a sad/bad offseason?
    • That's a false claim. I will say that in order to be the most highly compensated exec, yea, checking off the box that says won a ring, would be a requirement in my book.   Right now Elias has proven to me that he can use a strategy that has since been eliminated to build a very strong farm system and promote RoY level players to the majors. That's great. That by itself is not enough for me to think he should be more highly compensated than his peers. If he can keep the farm system churning out impact guys, if he can navigate the escalating salaries of his core, if he can keep supplementing the core, if he can, yes, have some success in the postseason, he might get to the point in which I think he deserves to be in the inner circle when it comes to compensation. By no means do I think he's done a poor job, but I don't think he's shown to be an irreplaceable talent that deserves to have the current salary structure blown up over.
    • How many World Series did Andrew Friedman win in Tampa before the Dodgers made him the highest paid executive in baseball? Your reductionisim of success to "win the World Series" is laughable.  But it explains why you have such a negative outlook on everything. The fact is, if you were a Dodgers fan, you'd being going insane b/c the Dodgers, with all their resources and advantages, have consistently underperformed in the playoffs under Friedman.
    • You said the defining features of the Orioles was their 0-5 playoff record the last two years.  And you hypothesized a solution to it being drafting more "high ceiling pitchers." I didn't say the Dodgers were a 1:1 comparison, but I pointed out they were 1-6 the last two postseasons and this year are in the World Series, and they didn't do it by drafting any "high ceiling pitchers." There is a randomness to the post-season.  The O's record the last two years, far from being a defining feature, isn't particularly telling at all about their talent or organization.
  • Popular Contributors