Nick Markakis - RF

Aubrey Huff - 1B

Ty Wigginton - 3B

Luke Scott - DH

Ryan Freel - LF

Chad Moeller - C

Robert Andino - SS

Koji Uehara - P

Moeller gets his first chance to catch Uehara. Andino is part of the Sunday lineup that allows a regular, in this case Cesar Izturis, to take a day off.

For the Red Sox:

Ellsbury - CF

Pedroia - 2B

Ortiz - DH

Youkilis - 1B

Drew - RF

Bay - LF

Lowell - 3B

Kottaras - C

Green - SS

Lester - P

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moeller gets his first chance to catch Uehara. Andino is part of the Sunday lineup that allows a regular, in this case Cesar Izturis, to take a day off.

I don't mind this really...Izturis looks like he could use a day off, and I'm tired of watching his futile at bats any way. I wish they would have rested him last night, though. He is a much better right-handed hitter historically.

This may go against popular opinion- but I really wish Pie could get 2 games in a row. He didn't look great last night- but the guy is never gonna get in a groove playing every other day. I'm tired of Freel.

I don't like Freel, either.

But Pie would have zippy chance against Lester. He is the definition of a tough lefty.

I don't like Freel, either.

But Pie would have zippy chance against Lester. He is the definition of a tough lefty.

I'm sure that's why they sat him- but sometimes I think it's situations like that- the whole reverse trend/psychology thing that works for players. No pressure and low expectations. Who knows. Hopefully Freel will surprise- but I really don't expect him to have any better luck against Lester.

And as far as having Lester on our team- sadly- you could say that about almost every Sox starter. I hate them.

Archived