Please draft Green!

Purke's been pretty steady while Matzek got roughed up a little bit over the past two starts.

I also don't like this about him:

I'm sure it won't affect me you much, but you should not view every single game as some sort of determinant. In and of itself, Matzek getting roughed up a little bit does not mean much. This is similar to how you have enjoyed posting single game events for Ackley . . . it just does not mean as much as it seems you are trying to make it mean.

Hopefully that makes sense.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the price that teams put on prospects, and the hype that Donald has gotten over the past year, it would take a small fortune to get him. Are you ok with a 1 for 1 swap with one of our top pitchers? Cause that's what they will be asking for.

You want to get good value for a guy that might be blocked you need to shoot lower than AA. You saw this last year with Donald, and Escobar in MIL.

I'm not totally anti-Green, I like him. I just like a couple players more. If he's the best guy on the board at 5, I'll get over it, I just don't take him over Matzek, Ackley or Strasburg, and there are a few other guys that he is neck and neck with. (right now I think highly enough of Davidson I'd think about that one, even though it might be a little stretch).

While the Phils are in "contend & repeat" mode, they may take a Mora or Wiggy

While the Phils are in "contend & repeat" mode, they may take a Mora or Wiggy

Not a chance, not even remotely similar value. Mora has negative value with his contract and no trade clause, and Wiggy hasn't hit enough to be worth anything yet. Even if they had excellent offensive seasons, no one is going to give up a not-yet-in-his-prime top prospect for a guy like that. Maybe as part of a major trade package, or 1-1 with another top prospect.

SS has an added value to it, so even a prospect who hasn't put up the offensive numbers Donald has would have inflated value, putting his through the roof. I'm sure Howard making so much in arbitration lends to them not moving him yet either, as when he gets too expensive and becomes a problem financially, they will move him and shift Utley to 1B opening up 2B for Donald.

Green made his 15th error of the season today and his stock continues to slip. He's still among the top 5 college position players writes Keith Law, but there are concerns about his defense at SS and lack of power that are hurting him.

Law has never been a huge fan of Green, so take that with a grain of salt, but Green is doing his best to work himself into the mid-first round.

Archived