Whats up with the Bluejays? Can they keep it up?

Diehard_O's_Fan

Except for Travis Snider and Alex Rios, their entire offense is on fire at the same time. The numbers that guys like Hill, Barajas, Overbay, Bautista, Millar, etc. are putting up will not last.

However, their pitching may get better if some guys come back from injury. I would think they would be a winning team this year at least.

They remind me a lot of the 2005 Orioles. But they do have some good pitching. We'll see.

I had the exact same thought the other night while listening to the BBTN goons talk about the Blue Jays and their record. I think the team will come back to earth soon but they might at least have a winning season this year.

• 3 weeks later...
They did just run into a juggernaut.

The juggernaut also known as the Baltimore Orioles.

But seriously, the Jays continue to do this year in and year out. They hang around for the beginning of the season, then quietly slide further and further down the standings.

What annoys me the most is that almost every analyst every single year always picks the Jays to be their "sleeper" pick. They may be one of the most overrated ball clubs in MLB.

The juggernaut also known as the Baltimore Orioles.

But seriously, the Jays continue to do this year in and year out. They hang around for the beginning of the season, then quietly slide further and further down the standings.

Isn't that what teams that aren't quite as good as the Sox and Yanks tend to do? Don't we have an annual contest to see when the O's will slip below .500 for good?

What annoys me the most is that almost every analyst every single year always picks the Jays to be their "sleeper" pick. They may be one of the most overrated ball clubs in MLB.

If the Jays had been in another division the past five years they'd have been in the postseason several times.

If the Jays had been in another division the past five years they'd have been in the postseason several times.

But they're not. The point of predicting if a team would do well is their ability to win in their division. Hell, I remember a couple months ago there was a thread on here stating that the Orioles would won have the NL West pennant if they were in that division.

But they're not. The point of predicting if a team would do well is their ability to win in their division. Hell, I remember a couple months ago there was a thread on here stating that the Orioles would won have the NL West pennant if they were in that division.

And they could well have. I think a lot of writers see the quality in the Jays team and realize that they've been one of the top 10 teams in MLB despite being the 3rd or 4th best team in their division. That's what they mean by "sleeper". Not too many folks south of Hamilton keep picking the Jays to push past the Sox, Yanks, and now Rays.

And they could well have. I think a lot of writers see the quality in the Jays team and realize that they've been one of the top 10 teams in MLB despite being the 3rd or 4th best team in their division. That's what they mean by "sleeper". Not too many folks south of Hamilton keep picking the Jays to push past the Sox, Yanks, and now Rays.

Exactly. The first month of the season indicated how the Jays would fare if they played in the AL West or Central. The last week has shown where they really stand.

Archived