You're an idiot.

Yeah, that's the way to go here...;)

You completely misunderstood and misrepresented a comment made by a guy most Orioles fans love, then made an incorrect assumption about another team broadcaster that a simple Google or Wikipedia search would have corrected.

Stones and glass houses, my friend.

I watched the game on MLB.TV. Among many, many stunning social gaffes tonight, he subtley put down the Nationals announcer by "asking" him if he ever pitched in the big leagues, which of course he had only pitched in the minor leagues. My jaw hit the ground - a new low (if that's possible) for Jim Palmer.

And how many times did he say over and over again how he wished he was 22 again and could pitch like Zimmerman again.

Jim Palmer is a narcissist - it's all about Jim Palmer. And if it ain't about Jim Palmer now, wait, it sure will be soon.

He has absolutely no class whatsoever. If you listened to the O's broadcasts for years with Jim Hunter and Jim Palmer as announcers, you would think that Palmer was the only pitcher in the booth. Jim Hunter was every bit the pitcher Palmer was and has tons of class. I've never personally heard him subtley or otherwise bring praise upon himself by talking about his own career and people he played with and all this irrelevent stuff.

Yeah. Jim Palmer has class. Just ask 'em.

Jim Hunter stayed in a Holiday Inn once where a bunch of guys were drafting their Fantasy League teams. One thing I can say about Jim Hunter is that he has a lower walk rate than Daniel Cabrera, but I don't know if that makes him as good or better than Palmer.:rolleyestf:

BTW, this post is in no way meant to slight the outstanding character and achievements of the late-great Jim "Catfish" Hunter.

I watched the game on MLB.TV. Among many, many stunning social gaffes tonight, he subtley put down the Nationals announcer by "asking" him if he ever pitched in the big leagues, which of course he had only pitched in the minor leagues. My jaw hit the ground - a new low (if that's possible) for Jim Palmer.

What in the world are you talking about? The Gnat's announcer is Rob Dibble, one of the Nasty Boys for Cincinnati. Palmer never asked him if he played in the majors. Palmer knows he did. Can't you at least get your story straight? Not only are you bashing Palmer for your own ignorance, you evidently can't even hear what he said.

Being a good pitcher 30 years ago earned him a spot in the HOF. You don't find it embarrassing for him that he continually talks about himself all night long?

Embarrassing isn't using your vast knowledge and experience, both first-hand as a Hall-of-Famer and as an observer and broadcaster for two decades, to compare eras and analyze situations.

One would think it would be publicly making several major factual errors, including one that was previously corrected by said public, and ham-handedly trying to make a bad argument without answering for your mistakes. But that's just my opinion.

Being a good pitcher 30 years ago earned him a spot in the HOF. You don't find it embarrassing for him that he continually talks about himself all night long?

He relates his personal experiences and stories to whats going on in the field.

Are you dense?

Freakin Jim Hunter and Catfish Hunter don't even look similar.

Hunter_Jim-160x235.jpg

200px-Catfish_Hunter_headshot.jpg

Absolutely not. Palmer has earned the right to talk about himself--he's the greatest pitcher to ever don an Orioles uniform. #22 never aimlessly talks about himself, either. He always connects it to something that's happening on-field or that's relevant about a play that's unfolding. Next time, rather than disparaging him, closely listen to what he says; you'll find he adds a great deal to the broadcast.

Edited by threedaysrest

We're not friends and you make sarcastic comments and you complain when someone calls you an idiot. That's a glass house, my "friend".

Oh, well gee, you sure got me there. Who are you again? Why should I care what you think, especially when you can't make a decent argument and have your evidence disproved into epic-fail status?

Methinks you should worry about your glass house before you start whining about others'.