There it is. An ignorant racist comment from the village idiot.

No I wouldn't presume to speak for you. I'd have to have a bib on to clean up the dribble wouldn't I?

:laughlol::laughlol::laughlol:

Hey man, at least I can tell the difference between Jim Hunter and Jim Hunter.

I guess it's not wise to tell the emperor he has no clothes. I actually had no idea that people in Baltimore felt so strongly about Palmer.

I guess after listening to the greatness of Scully for 20 years, I find Palmer's self-indulgent banter disgusting.

Thought everyone else did too.

Then you really are dense. That's like saying I had no idea that people in New York felt that strongly about Whitey Ford. Good Lord. And by the way he was asking Dibble if he had ever started in the ML. Dibble was a RP for his ML career. Nothing insulting about that. You are way off base here. If you are going to come here and troll at least try and get your facts straight.:rolleyestf:

I only like the broadcasting when Palmer does it. He gives tons of insight and isn't afraid to call a player out.

Plus he's got an absolutely quick mind and wit

Me too. I prefer him to everyone in the organization, save for Angel. I learn a lot of things I didn't know about the game, and more importantly, he's entertaining as all hell. Just a funny guy.

And I was born several years after he retired.

Don't play dumb. Your goofy idea that Catfish Hunter broadcasts with Palmer came up when you did the same thing 12 days ago. Back then, several people pointed out to you that Catfish Hunter has been dead for some time. But, evidently, you just drop in to bash Palmer but don't bother to read anything or learn anything.

I thought this was the case.

Why is this guy not banned yet?

Here I am, drunk off my you know what. Not ready to crawl into bed, yet, in fear of ending up like Bonham or Hendrix. So...having some time to kill I hit up the OH and come across these 5 pages of greatness....

[photo's of Palmer pitching deleted]

Captain obvious here...But that sure looks a lot like Rich Hill's delivery.

Um, no it doesn't. You're just drunk. In the morning, you will see that they look very different.

The only thing they have in common is leaning way, way back. That's it. Other than that, they have zilch in common.

I'm guessing in the real world the "tough" guys on this board wouldn't be so quick to say some of the things they said here. Consequences are more real and immediate there.

Are you threatening people? Really? What are these "real and immediate" consequences? You'd beat someone (or something) up for disagreeing with you? Maybe give them a tongue lashing they won't soon forget? That last sentence seems to imply so...

The fact is he is an embarrassment. Talks about himself incessantly = bad announcer.

So any announcer who talks about himself is bad? What about when the game's boring and conversation meanders to the mundane briefly?

By your logic, you seem to imply that any announcer who makes any mention of his past exploits is by default a bad announcer.

Ergo, using your logic:

Bob Uecker = Bad announcer (he refers often to his mediocre career as a player)

John Madden = Bad announcer (heck, when wasn't he talking about himself to some extent?)

Hey, any former player or coach is a bad announcer! :rolleyes:

Edited by DrLev

Jim Palmer is a great broadcaster.

Jim Palmer is a great broadcaster

There's an awful lot of substance to what he says, and it doesn't bother me that he uses himself to illustrate a lot of it.

The guy won a game in every World Series the Orioles ever prevailed in, drove women crazy modelling underwear, and still remembers practically every detail of the best years of Orioles baseball.

Palmer's the king. We're all lucky to be able to listen to him, and even luckier that he remained an Oriole all his life despite the opportunity to flee via free agency and make lots of George Steinbrenner's dollars. That what Catfish Hunter did, by the way.

Um, no it doesn't. You're just drunk. In the morning, you will see that they look very different.

The only thing they have in common is leaning way, way back. That's it. Other than that, they have zilch in common.

The leaning way, way back, the old school curve. Hill reminds me of pitchers from Palmer's era is all I was trying to get at.

Please don't feed the trolls we have enough of them already.:old5fan:

My apologies to anyone who felt I was instigating, or was "feeding the troll" That wasn't my intention. Just found this thread hilarious is all...