Ban me for what? Speaking my mind and responding in kind to ridiculous character assasinations?

Not one of you geniuses has yet stood up and said: "Jim Palmer is a great broadcaster." Because you know he sucks. Everyone does.

You just love him because he's an O.

Well I appreciate what he did 40 years ago too. But that isn't a permanent life pass.

And I don't see an hammer and a sickle on this site, do I? This isn't the soviet union yet is it? free speech and all that.

I'm an O's fan since 1969. I expect I've loved them far longer than most of you on this board. So excuse me if I don't spend my life on a ridiculous forum and know every fact about baseball and I missed that someone died. Wow! amazing!

Well, you should probably get your facts in order if you're going to call somebody an embarrassment.

Ban me for what? Speaking my mind and responding in kind to ridiculous character assasinations?

Not one of you geniuses has yet stood up and said: "Jim Palmer is a great broadcaster." Because you know he sucks. Everyone does.

You just love him because he's an O.

Well I appreciate what he did 40 years ago too. But that isn't a permanent life pass.

And I don't see an hammer and a sickle on this site, do I? This isn't the soviet union yet is it? free speech and all that.

I'm an O's fan since 1969. I expect I've loved them far longer than most of you on this board. So excuse me if I don't spend my life on a ridiculous forum and know every fact about baseball and I missed that someone died. Wow! amazing!

So....to summarize.

You listen about as well as you read....

I said please DON'T ban you...

Heck, If I had the power, you'd be given a free plus account, and paid to provide us some sort of " Here's what's on my mind, today" blog here at the OH!

This thread is EPIC!

I'm guessing in the real world the "tough" guys on this board wouldn't be so quick to say some of the things they said here. Consequences are more real and immediate there.

Would you be willing to call Jim Palmer an embarrassment to his face? Somehow I doubt it. Instead you're ripping him on a message board and acting like a "'tough' guy."

The fact is he is an embarrassment. Talks about himself incessantly = bad announcer.

Got it now?

That's my point. All this Dibble stuff and Hunter stuff is BS.

Palmer is a bad announcer. Plain and simple.

In your opinion, Palmer is a bad announcer.

You don't speak for me on the matter, honkey.

• Downvote 1

The fact is he is an embarrassment. Talks about himself incessantly = bad announcer.

Got it now?

That's my point. All this Dibble stuff and Hunter stuff is BS.

Palmer is a bad announcer. Plain and simple.

The Dibble and the Hunter stuff was a good portion of your argument! And as people have already posted, he's a color commentator!

No. Saying Palmer isn't as good as Scully is like saying Daniel Cabrera isn't as good as Tom Seaver.

They're both major leaguers but come on.

And clearly. I didn't know people felt this way about Palmer. I truly thought most people would agree. To say I'm shocked is an understatement.

I'm guessing in the real world the "tough" guys on this board wouldn't be so quick to say some of the things they said here. Consequences are more real and immediate there.

The people who post here care about the overall quality of the discussion and can take it personally when someone else doesn't. Tone back the insults and discuss facts and you'll be welcomed.