The point is that Palmer talks about palmer all night long. Don't you think it gets a little old, my ignorant friend?

And on mlb.tv, they don't start the games like they do on local tv. I had no idea who the Nats announcer was, my ignorant friend, which is a little piece of context that would have made Palmer's self-engrandizing comments a little clearer.

All that hardly matters. THe point remains that Palmer talks about Palmer ad-nauseum. Couldn't he keep the references about the O's to at least this decade?

If Boog Powell was in that booth, he'd "talk about Boog" all night long. Brooks would "talk about Brooks". Cal would "talk about Cal". Devi Cruz would "talk about Devi Cruz".

You must hate every former player that is a broadcaster, right? Because, you know, they all talk about themselves all night. And after all, that's your yardstick for announcer quality.

So you can show a picture. Are you a moron? Because hey since we're being civil and it's easy to be a tough guy online.

I wasn't being a tough guy, I simply asked if you were dense, you....

Look at me, I can call names, too.

Edited by Moose Milligan
I can't go around calling people cockbags. I'm fully aware. But this guy deserves it, if anyone ever did.
  • Upvote 2

So you can show a picture. Are you a moron? Because hey since we're being civil and it's easy to be a tough guy online.

You're the guy who can't do a Google search, or learn new information after it's pointed out to you a week before you make the same error.

We're still in glass houses territory.

Quoted for permanency.

Go back and watch it again. He was asking Rob Dibble if he ever STARTED in the major leagues. As opposed to relieving. The answer was no, Dibble never started a game in the bigs.

While he was at it, Palmer continually praised Dibble for the speed of his fastball, and even quoted the season that Dibble struck out 140 some-odd batters in 80ish innings.

I don't know, maybe English isn't your best language, but from where I was sitting, he was, and usually is, very gracious.

Dibble attempted to be overly modest and commented that as a pitcher you never think your stuff is as good as it is. Palmer clearly being complimentary of Dibble said something like so I guess you didn't think your stuff was any good when you struck out 140 some-odd batters in 80ish innings. Palmer has more than a healthy ego, but if you want to hate on Palmer the announcer there have been many nights with much better examples that could have at least given you real examples to point to. Sounds to me like you couldnt understand the sarcasm for whatever reason.

The reason I like Palmer on the broadcast (but totally see the ego comment as valid,) is because he provides deep insite that many other announcers don't. For example have you heard Rob Dibble?!?! Palmers comments tonight regarding Hill and is consistency in his pitching motion, or lack there of at times was real baseball info. He also talked about the grass length at both Camden and the field tonight and how it compares to others. Dibble...I heard the comment about pitchers never think their stuff is any good and I have to wonder if he really believes that or if it just came out of his mouth too quick for him to have given the comment any thought. Dibbles other comments on Maxwell, the Nats CF were laughable, saying he is a great young man and then offered no additional info on the kid that is one of the Nats top prospects. Palmer at least chimed in with comments from a conversation he had with Mike Rizzo, the Nats executive, saying that the Nats liked him but that he has to cut his swing down to be effective in the majors.

I know their are tons of examples in any one game, but this post was so stupid and not thought out that I needed to post a few examples from tonight.

He gone.

Paul-y this and Paul-y that. Everything Paul-y.:D

I hate having to hear that crappy duo every once in awhile on the audio clips before and after games on MLB 09 The Show.

That and the fact that there are three different O's broadcasting clips, and they're all about good things for the Red Sox. Grr.

You know, I think it's pretty offensive that the OP implied that Catfish Hunter was in the broadcasting booth... isn't he just making fun of Catfish for being dead and bragging about being alive? ;)

It's just reminding me of a mistake made by Tugg Speedman in Tropic Thunder.

(Too obscure?)

I hate having to hear that crappy duo every once in awhile on the audio clips before and after games on MLB 09 The Show.

That and the fact that there are three different O's broadcasting clips, and they're all about good things for the Red Sox. Grr.

I'd say they love the Sox, but isn't that the one with the ad mocking Pedroia? :P

You sure are quick to name-call for someone who apparently didn't know that Catfish Hunter died a DECADE ago and that Rob Dibble was a fairly famous reliever for many years.