July 3: Baltimore at Anaheim

Mark Carver

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean like the 10 they put up in the 7th and 8th to cap the greatest comeback in franchise history?

Good lord some people have short memories.

That's one game. It was a great game, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

But how often have we seen something like this? Big lead early, opponent works their way back in late, like maybe THE DAY AFTER THAT COMEBACK YOU SPOKE OF!!!

Is that too much to ask to get a hit with runners in scoring position like we've had like 3 times in this game in the later innings???

This one worked out, and I'm thankful, but great teams add on runs late. Your insinuation that the comeback against the Sux on Tuesday makes my response reactionary is completely undercut by what happened on Wednesday with the Red Sux.

That's one game. It was a great game, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

But how often have we seen something like this? Big lead early, opponent works their way back in late, like maybe THE DAY AFTER THAT COMEBACK YOU SPOKE OF!!!

Is that too much to ask to get a hit with runners in scoring position like we've had like 3 times in this game in the later innings???

This one worked out, and I'm thankful, but great teams add on runs late. Your insinuation that the comeback against the Sux on Tuesday makes my response reactionary is completely undercut by what happened on Wednesday with the Red Sux.

Your undercutting is taken out at the knees by the fact the Orioles have won something like 90% of games that they lead after the 7th inning this year. I can't remember this exact statistic but Trembley was defending his call in the aforementioned Red Sox fiasco by stating that the team was (not exact stats) something like 27 - 4 in such situations.

Not too many teams can claim better than that.

Your undercutting is taken out at the knees by the fact the Orioles have won something like 90% of games that they lead after the 7th inning this year. I can't remember this exact statistic but Trembley was defending his call in the aforementioned Red Sox fiasco by stating that the team was (not exact stats) something like 27 - 4 in such situations.

Not too many teams can claim better than that.

I'm confused. So you're saying the O's COULD NOT have avoided what happened wednesday by oh, I don't know, adding on a few runs in the middle innings???

I thought Jim Johnson was going to blow it :drek::drek::drek:

Then, I knew my bro was coming in, and he might blow it :drek::drek::drek:

What a relief!!! :bangwall:

:mwahaha:

Your bro (and JJ too) have the Kwan. More than you or I or anyone else here. They have made themselves into ML stoppers. One bad night does not nullify that.

The game/defense got into the late innings and I relaxed. In the bag. ;)

You bet, Scott. I get mad when folks run down GS and give elsid a bunch of stuff. I've been trying to tell those folks who want to deal GS for Lord knows what, we're going to need GS when we're a contending ballclub. Excellent closers (and Flat Breezies) don't grow on trees.

Thanks for participating here, elsid. I--and many others--am glad you participate.

P.S., is GS OK? I was a bit worried when he paused on the mound and seemed to attend to his eyes. :eek:

Thanks for participating here, elsid. I--and many others--am glad you participate.

P.S., is GS OK? I was a bit worried when he paused on the mound and seemed to attend to his eyes. :eek:

No problem. I don't mind anyone giving flak, if it is due. Some just want to complain about every given thing. Now that JJ has had a couple of small, slight issues (not really even worth fully noting), does everyone have a crazy attitude? No, it is just a bump in the road. If only GS could have that much luck (not pitching luck -- don't want to be lambasted) and love.

Only a speck of dirt in his eye. He doesn't wear contacts or anything like that.

No problem. I don't mind anyone giving flak, if it is due. Some just want to complain about every given thing. Now that JJ has had a couple of small, slight issues (not really even worth fully noting), does everyone have a crazy attitude? No, it is just a bump in the road. If only GS could have that much luck (not pitching luck -- don't want to be lambasted) and love.

Only a speck of dirt in his eye. He doesn't wear contacts or anything like that.

Good to hear about his eyes, elsid. Glad it wasn't serious.

Agreed about GS, too. I think he's vastly underrated around here and is extremely valuable to the Orioles. They'd be foolish to do anything other than to keep him.

Archived