July 3: Baltimore at Anaheim

Mark Carver

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When will this team's offense learn that no lead is safe in the American League!!!! It's OKAY to score runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings!!!! :mad:

You mean like the 10 they put up in the 7th and 8th to cap the greatest comeback in franchise history?

Good lord some people have short memories.

Six runs isn't that much guys. We've been in an offensive slump the last month, which makes six runs look like a lot. Heck, I'll take six runs every single game, but you need decent pitching still to make six runs last.

I would think 6 runs can win most games.

You mean like the 10 they put up in the 7th and 8th to cap the greatest comeback in franchise history?

Good lord some people have short memories.

If you want to look at one game you can, but it's been a pretty consistent theme for our offense to go silent after scoring a few in the beginning

Silent treatment in the past few innings bro. Haven't scored since the 5th. << actually since the 4th

when teams score 6 runs in a game, they usually have a pretty good shot at winning the game. Runs later in the game don't statistically count anymore than those early in the game.

They scored 6. With Hernandez's performance today, they should win with 6. If they can't, it's on Johnson and Sherrill again. Not the offense.

Looks like the offense decided to quit early tonight.

The pressure is on Sherrill to stop the bleeding...

If by quit early tonight, you mean put up 6 runs against a team that typically doesn't allow many runs, then yes. They decided to quit early.

when teams score 6 runs in a game, they usually have a pretty good shot at winning the game. Runs later in the game don't statistically count anymore than those early in the game.

They scored 6. With Hernandez's performance today, they should win with 6. If they can't, it's on Johnson and Sherrill again. Not the offense.

I'm not blaming anything on the offense, I just stated that the bats had gone silent the past few innings when someone was calling for insurance runs. I agree that a 6-1 lead should be safe.

Archived