Draft Chat - Rounds 1-5

bigbird

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many Randy Johnson's have there been?

How many kids are fully developed at 19. He is a talented kid with a great arm, and projected to go in the first round. He is a nice pick.:002_sbiggrin:

A 19 year old high school player? Ugh - hope he turns out better than Bass and Schafer. Otherwise I'll think of him as Jordan's first blunder.

Agreed. Injury history and his position make this a questionable pick.

How many Randy Johnson's have there been?

Randy Johnson wasn't my main point... This a young kid who has a tremendous upside. And BA rated him the 13th best prospect and we got him at 32... That's a great pick IMO.

Randy Johnson wasn't my main point... This a young kid who has a tremendous upside. And BA rated him the 13th best prospect and we got him at 32... That's a great pick IMO.

Its going to be interesting to see how much he signs for because wants at least $1 million.

All I'm saying is, why not load up on position prospects because we sure don't have many in stock

Interesting quote from BA on Adams:

"On The Move

2:25 p.m.: The Orioles announced their second-round pick of Ryan Adams as a third baseman. A shortstop at Jesuit High in New Orleans, Adams bulked up this season and lacks the range to play middle infield. He also battled a hamstring injury which played a part in him slipping to the second round after opening the season as a potential first-round pick.

-- Alan Matthews"

Archived