Buck Martinez Is Leaving MASN

cmcgarvey

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Count me on the list of people that liked listening to Buck and wish him well.

Also count me on the list of people that would love for Bill Ripken to replace him.

Billy would be the BEST. Him or Cal, talking baseball, is like a clinic. I'm thinking Billy is too busy tho.

Buck was a good guy. I saw him out around town several times and he would be excited to talk baseball. I remember seeing him at Little Havana after the day game this year where Bergy got hit by the line drive against the Royals, and he was good to talk to for a few minutes about the game, Bergy, and the trade deadline. Class act.

Not my favorite color guy, but to each their own and I have heard much worse. I wish him all the best.

Ditto! Don't know what's up with all the haterade.

He seems like a nice guy and all but he always sounded like he was talking out of the side of his mouth while chomping on a cigar! I hope he is happy in Toronto, and we get someone with a better voice!

Sad by this news, Buck is a great color commentator. His voice makes him unique. Him and Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer were one of the best and most knowledgeable local commentary teams in the league. If they stay in house and go with Dempsey or Johnson as the full time replacement that would be a definite downgrade. The idea of bringing Flanagan back to the booth isn't a bad one, he was pretty good too.

Archived