Why not Holliday?

JTrea81

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone's opinion change if instead of going after Holliday for an 8 year $128 million contract to going after Bay for a 4 year $63 million contract?

Those are the reported offers as of now so it is likely that both offers will increase. For example, perhaps 5 years $80 million gets you Bay. Does that change anything?

The 8 year offer is apparently not accurate.

Olney says they are sticking to a 5 year offer. My guess it is 5 guaranteed years with options, so something like 5/80 with options to push it to a value of 8/128.

The Orioles could beat this if they wanted to by offering 6/114 with an option year.

Olney says they are sticking to a 5 year offer. My guess it is 5 guaranteed years with options, so something like 5/80 with options to push it to a value of 8/128.

The Orioles could beat this if they wanted to by offering 6/119 with an option year.

Scott Boras is going to hold out allllllllllllllllllllll winter if the best offer is 5 years, and then the MFY's will swoop in and buy him.

Does anyone's opinion change if instead of going after Holliday for an 8 year $128 million contract to going after Bay for a 4 year $63 million contract?

Those are the reported offers as of now so it is likely that both offers will increase. For example, perhaps 5 years $80 million gets you Bay. Does that change anything?

You can't be interested in either guy for those big of deals.

Bay is a DH, he doesn't deserve that much money. Holliday is a good player, but having to beat a $128M offer to get him here would be insane. If he would sign here for around $100M I'd do it, but not for $140M+. He's simply not that good and doesn't fill that big of a need for us. If he was a 1B, 3B, or SS with similar value, I'd be more inclined, but he isn't, so I'm not.

Scott Boras is going to hold out allllllllllllllllllllll winter if the best offer is 5 years, and then the MFY's will swoop in and buy him.

Probably, but it wouldn't hurt to throw out a 6/114 offer and see what happens.

Maybe the Orioles will be like the Angels at the last second and swoop in and land him...

Or not...

The Orioles could beat this if they wanted to by offering 6/114 with an option year.

Wait you want the Orioles to offer 6/114 when the best available offer is 5/80?

:eek:

And you actually think Holliday is worth 6/114?!

:eektf:

Archived