Mike Winters suspended for season

Crazysilver03

MLB suspended umpire Mike Winters for the rest of the season for his conduct during Sunday's game against the Padres.

No suspension at all for Bradley, though one could say he already received his punishment. For MLB to come down like this, Winters must have said some pretty nasty things. We hope that if the remarks were truly racist, Bud Selig and company would be sure to get rid of him in the offseason.

At this point with only 5 games left, its not much of a punishment, but at least it happened.

At this point with only 5 games left, its not much of a punishment, but at least it happened.

It's not much of a punishment, but I don't think he needs to be fired either. This is very important in that it sets a precedent. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any umpire ever has been suspended for conduct. A shot across the bow to all the militant umps.

It's not much of a punishment, but I don't think he needs to be fired either. This is very important in that it sets a precedent. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any umpire ever has been suspended for conduct. A shot across the bow to all the militant umps.

Dick Higham was banned from baseball for influencing the outcome of games for gamblers.

Archived