ACC Tourney thread

A little. He dates Eddie Murphy's daughter, who is supposed to go to Chapel Hill in the fall, but is considering staying in LA. There's talk that he could go back home if she stays.
You might consider just having Eddie Murphy's daughter take his spot on the team.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate this argument. Losing would be terrible. We've got a great chance at winning this tournament, I won't be happy or find any "silver lining" with a loss. We are in no need of any rest heading into next week, everybody is perfectly rested and healthy.

I don't disagree. I don't think fatigue is a factor and there is no silver line in losing. That said, call it superstition or whatever but I won't mind losing at any point this weekend, whether tommorow night, Sat or Sun.

There is no logical argument to be made that a loss would help us. Simply none. The extra rest would be of no benefit, as we aren't tired to begin with and wouldn't be after 3 games in 3 days followed by 3-4 days off before our next game. We'd get a lower seed in the Big Dance if we lose, and I also don't buy the argument that it'd be better to be a lower seed. True it's possible that the matchup could be better if we were one seed lower, but the odds are much more in the favor of getting a better match up as a higher seed.

I just think its a loser's mentality to think that losing in this tournament, especially the first round, could possibly be a good thing. And its just a downright falsehood to say that it would help us in any way.

I disagree...A 6 seed is better than a 5 seed...Getting away from the 1 seeds is a good thing.

And I think its naive to assume, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that fatique won't be much of an issue.

As a team it may not be but certain individual guys, it could be a problem.

I am not saying you should be ecstatic if they lose, just saying that a loss isn't really going to be a terrible outcome and it won't hurt them.

It will suck, as a fan..that's for sure.

There is no logical argument to be made that a loss would help us. Simply none. The extra rest would be of no benefit, as we aren't tired to begin with and wouldn't be after 3 games in 3 days followed by 3-4 days off before our next game. We'd get a lower seed in the Big Dance if we lose, and I also don't buy the argument that it'd be better to be a lower seed. True it's possible that the matchup could be better if we were one seed lower, but the odds are much more in the favor of getting a better match up as a higher seed.

I just think its a loser's mentality to think that losing in this tournament, especially the first round, could possibly be a good thing. And its just a downright falsehood to say that it would help us in any way.

The only thing in my opinion that would be a positive for Maryland would be to be a #6 seed instead of a 4 or 5...I'd always prefer to play the #1 as late as possible, especially if you're in Kansas' bracket. Of course, winning the ACC could move them up to the #3 line, which would work as well. Just a thought.

Edit: just saw Rob post the same thing...great minds..

I missed the GT-UNC game but reading the recap it sounds like GT played pretty poorly in the 1st half but much better in the 2nd. I'm concerned they'll carry that over tommorow night and we'll be the team that comes out cold. I'm completely paranoid when it comes to the ACC tourny. I expect to lose to every team we play every year.

I don't normally agree with a Duke Fan but I do feel like losing would benefit the terps more in the long run. We will be well rested and the road to the Elite Eight will be much easier. We'd probably end up being the top 6 seed and draw a weaker 3 seed such as New Mexico or BYU. But of course, I still wanna see my Terps take the Dukies down in the ACC final and get a 3 seed :)

I disagree...A 6 seed is better than a 5 seed...Getting away from the 1 seeds is a good thing.

And I think its naive to assume, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that fatique won't be much of an issue.

As a team it may not be but certain individual guys, it could be a problem.

I am not saying you should be ecstatic if they lose, just saying that a loss isn't really going to be a terrible outcome and it won't hurt them.

It will suck, as a fan..that's for sure.

I'm not sure I agree with this analysis. i think the terps are looking at a seed between 4 and 6.

Would you rather be the;

4, facing a 13/5/1

5, facing a 12/4/1

6, facing a 11/3/2

I would take the 4 or 5 seed regardless of what recent history may dictate.

Should they win the ACC and earn a 3 seed, a schedule of 14/6/2 would be a welcome sight, regardless of fatigue issues.

I'm not sure I agree with this analysis. i think the terps are looking at a seed between 4 and 6.

Would you rather be the;

4, facing a 13/5/1

5, facing a 12/4/1

6, facing a 11/3/2

Should they win the ACC and earn a 3 seed, a schedule of 14/6/2 would be a welcome sight, regardless of fatigue issues.

I agree with you, I'll take the highest seed possible. I'll worry about whether we are playing the #1 seed or the #2 seed once we reach the Sweet 16. And really, unless we're playing Kanas, I'm not too concerned about the #1s. They will of course still all be incredibly tough to beat, but not so much tougher than most of the #2 seeds that I'd make getting to the Sweet 16 a tougher task.

Would you rather be the;

4, facing a 13/5/1

5, facing a 12/4/1

6, facing a 11/3/2

Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse are pretty clearly the best 3 teams in the sport this year....So, avoiding them is best case scenario.

Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse are pretty clearly the best 3 teams in the sport this year....So, avoiding them is best case scenario.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. I just think that MD, or any team for that matter, has a better chance of facing those teams by finishing as high as possible.. If we are already assuming that MD will or will not get that far, then I will just stop commenting.

Archived