ACC Tourney thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carolina played hard tonight, but just can't score for some reason. Should have been up by 20 in that first half. Oh well, rough season, glad it's over.

I'll be rooting for the Terps the rest of the way..

On a positive note, Zeller and Henson look like they will be good players..if Davis comes back, they will be good next year but perhaps lack the PG to be elite?

I think MD loses tomorrow and I don't think that will be a bad thing for them.
I hate this argument. Losing would be terrible. We've got a great chance at winning this tournament, I won't be happy or find any "silver lining" with a loss. We are in no need of any rest heading into next week, everybody is perfectly rested and healthy.

I hate this argument. Losing would be terrible. We've got a great chance at winning this tournament, I won't be happy or find any "silver lining" with a loss. We are in no need of any rest heading into next week, everybody is perfectly rested and healthy.

Exactly. This is a very deep team. I don't think fatigue will be a factor at all.

On a positive note, Zeller and Henson look like they will be good players..if Davis comes back, they will be good next year but perhaps lack the PG to be elite?

Zeller and Henson did look good, I'm excited for next year....Harrison Barnes and Reggie Bullock are both top 5 prospects, and Kendall Marshall could start at the point if Drew transfers.. I hope Davis comes back, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Having Zeller, Henson, Davis and Barnes with Larry Drew is like having Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Fitz and Boldin with Jim Sorgi at QB.

Of course you hate it...you are a Terp fan...You want to win every game.

But a loss won't really hurt them...If they lose, they are helped out IMO.

Agreed...no such thing as a "good" loss...Injuries aside..Last year, the Heels let Lawson sit in the ACC tourney and lost in the semis. He ended up healthy for the NCAA run, and obviously that ended up being worth it..Maryland is healthy and deep, and should be fine.

Zeller and Henson did look good, I'm excited for next year....Harrison Barnes and Reggie Bullock are both top 5 prospects, and Kendall Marshall could start at the point if Drew transfers.. I hope Davis comes back, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Is there talk of that?

I would like to have Jordan Williams play in a few ACC tournament games. It would be good experience if we ever want to make any noise in the NCAAs

There is no logical argument to be made that a loss would help us. Simply none. The extra rest would be of no benefit, as we aren't tired to begin with and wouldn't be after 3 games in 3 days followed by 3-4 days off before our next game. We'd get a lower seed in the Big Dance if we lose, and I also don't buy the argument that it'd be better to be a lower seed. True it's possible that the matchup could be better if we were one seed lower, but the odds are much more in the favor of getting a better match up as a higher seed.

I just think its a loser's mentality to think that losing in this tournament, especially the first round, could possibly be a good thing. And its just a downright falsehood to say that it would help us in any way.

Archived