Being an Orioles fan has taken its toll on me

Diehard_O's_Fan

After following the Orioles the last 13 years and seeing them experience heart breaking loses after another, I am going to stop following them as much. The season has barely started and am allready sick and tired of seeing them lose. Not only do they lose but they lose in heart breaking fashion.

I have wasted too much of my life following this team. It is time to stop following them as much and move on with my life. Life is too short to waste it following sports especially a losing baseball team.

Andrew,

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After following the Orioles the last 13 years and seeing them experience heart breaking loses after another' date=' I am going to stop following them as much. The season has barely started and am allready sick and tired of seeing them lose. Not only do they lose but they lose in heart breaking fashion.

I have wasted too much of my life following this team. It is time to stop following them as much and move on with my life. Life is too short to waste it following sports especially a losing baseball team.

Andrew,[/quote']

Then change your Username. :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat. I'm 33 years old and a lifelong fan and I just can't stomach another season of suck. I have a 13 game season ticket plan with great seats and, frankly, I'm more excited about seeing the teams coming in to OPACY then the Orioles.

I used to get mad. Now I'm just apathetic. This organization has sucked for thirteen years and it appears number 14 is well on its way to being a certainty.

Congrats, Orioles for destroying fan loyaltly for over a decade.

The frustration is elevated this season because talk around baseball was we were gettin better. Not contention better, but just better. And then they hit you with a 1-5 start. After 12 seasons, even die hard fans are having a hard time justifying their fandom.

I don't get it. Hasn't anyone learned from history? Remember how lovable the 1962 Mets were? (40-120) Everyone giggled and chuckled and wondered how they would lose their next game.

And It was just 7 short years later that the Mets won it all.

But seriously, I plan on watching every single game that I can. For one thing I bought the MLB Extra Innings package this year and it's the first time I've ever been able to watch more than a handful of O's games on TV.

More than that, this team is way too talented to avoid watching. If they had a 1-5 week in the middle of the season nobody would jump ship.

The only way this doesn't straighten out somewhat is if every hitter on the team has career worst seasons.

I expected the Orioles to be around .500 this year and I still expect that by season's end.

I am equally disgusted.

22,000 fans on the first Sunday game of the year against an AL East opponent on a beautiful day? I don't know how much more Angelos thinks we Orioles fans can take, but the attendance numbers are going to be miserable this year! I bought the Holiday 4 pack for Christmas, so my wife and I and the kids have 2 more games to go to. After that, I am gonna have to be convinced to attend any more games, as they have just deflated my bubble already this season, and we are only a week in!

Here is a suggestion for you

Fairweather_O's_Fan

At this point who cares? With all the time and energy we've put into the ballclub and getting nothing back I really don't blame anyone. This time already looks defeated. If they don't care, why should I?

With Tampa Bay, Oakland (who have our number for whatever reason), NYY, Boston and Minnesota all coming up next on the schedule, it's only going to get worse before it starts getting better. If you're that frustrated (and I'm right there with you) you might just want to look the other way for the next month.

Here is a suggestion for you

Fairweather_O's_Fan

This comment is completely horse#$^%!!! Your just oozing class on that one.

Give the guy a time and a place to vent. I guess we all can't be apologists like you. I for one care deeply about this team but I also know when the product that is put on the field is not up to snuff. And to make matters worse, the OH elite arrive in time to kick you while your down. Great.

You can be a fan and still be critical of your team, which is a thought that is lost on the "Orange Gestapo." I love the "reactionary" word that gets thrown around here too. If you criticize the O's after a loss, no matter how valuable the opinion, you are labeled as "reactionary." All this team has done lately in the standings is LOSE, so how the hell are you going to criticize after anything but a loss??? The fact that you are willing to blindly follow all the other orange mantra reciters around here and not be the least upset if not irate over the past decade shows the ignorance that you possess.

I have a great cliff for you too, pal.

I was busy today, putting together some furniture. Since I can't get the game on the radio in Frederick, which is amazingly pathetic, I took a break and watched the 6th inning when the O's were up 2-1. I turned it off, went to work wondering how they would blow this game, and then turned the game on in the top of the 9th. They were losing 4-2. I turned the game off and went to read a book.

It's gotten to that point already...6 games into the season. I didn't care to see if they could come back and win the 9th. I knew they wouldn't.

2010 is going to be a long season.

Archived