Rockies/Padres tonight at 7:30...

RVAbird

Didn't you originally write that he was a catcher? I must be seeing things. He was OF for the Dodgers, Mariners, and Royals. I actually remember him with the Dodgers and Mariners. He was one of those guys whose card showed up like 3 times in every pack.

I did write that, you're not crazy..I thought he was a catcher until I read his wikipedia entry. Now I'm wondering who the catcher is that I was thinking of. Ted Simmons, maybe.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's scary how much this place looks like Oriole Park when they pan out from the center field camera. It truly is a new wave of cookie cutters (but in a good way).

Of the OPACY clones I've been to, I like Coors the best. Whatever they're calling the Giants park these days, it has an amazing setting, and it's pretty close. But, just in terms of the stadium itself, I liked Coors best.

I seriously doubt it matters with this team. Familiarity with each other doesn't figure to make either one less dry.

Probably so, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt..I think Orsillo is pretty good as far as calling the game. No emotion though.

That's a damn shame for the Rockies.

Speak for yourself. I'm rooting for the Padres.

And incidentally, I prefer this announcing team hands down over the loud, overdramatic, sensationalistic Fox broadcasts. What's wrong with letting the game speak for itself? Even the camera work is better.

Speak for yourself. I'm rooting for the Padres.

And incidentally, I prefer this announcing team hands down over the loud, overdramatic, sensationalistic Fox broadcasts. What's wrong with letting the game speak for itself? Even the camera work is better.

No, i just meant having their season come down to Jorge Julio. I'm not really rooting for either. I have no problem with the Padres at all. I like Orsillo, but Simpson I'm not crazy about.

Archived