Rockies/Padres tonight at 7:30...

RVAbird

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will always despise Julio because if he had been a little better, we wouldn't have had to include Maine in the great Benson deal. Another Oriole trade for the ages.

Can we stop *****ing about the Maine/Benson trade?

By the way... Julio got the win in the game.

And, wouldn't you know it, it appears to come down to a blown call at the plate. I think the ump did the right thing initially, by simply making no call. That's what he's supposed to do when the play is not resolved. What seems goofy is that he suddenly decided to call the guy safe, just a sec before the C finally tagged him. That seemed downright bizzare to me...

It doesn't look like he got the plate but on the other hand, it is tough to tell if he didn't get a finger tip somewhere on the plate.

The ump was going to call him out if Barrett held onto the ball i think.

The ump also should have been in better position than he was.

And, wouldn't you know it, it appears to come down to a blown call at the plate. I think the ump did the right thing initially, by simply making no call. That's what he's supposed to do when the play is not resolved. What seems goofy is that he suddenly decided to call the guy safe, just a sec before the C finally tagged him. That seemed downright bizzare to me...

It appeared to me that he was going to call him out if he had held onto the ball and couldn't get a good view of whether the ball was out or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm not a huge Kevin Brown fan, I think he goes too far off topic and gets weirdly self indulgent at times BUT he is far and away the best we have, from G Arnold (mediocre) to M Newman (horrible).  I prefer Brown by a mile and I do think he keeps getting better.
    • Roch is usually on top of any delays and this is his last update. And the Orioles haven't announced any delayed start.  
    • Team hasn't announced a delay, and they normally have by now.  So hopefully!
    • I think if you look at the drafts from those 2nd and 3rd rounds you are going to see most teams miss more than they hit. I would like to see Elias take more high school players in the top 5 rounds since he's had pretty good success (Gunnar, Hernaiz, Mayo), but if you look at those rounds you can see lots of HS busts as well.   Elias has obviously hit pretty well, but he's going to miss more than he hits because that's just the nature of the draft.
    • Thought the Giants would have took longer look at McKenna than six ABs smh 
    • Gametime:  6:35 pm Forecast:  67 degrees, chance of rain through 9 pm Matchup:  Kutter Crawford (R) vs Corbin Burnes (R) Lineups LF  Jarren Duran L RF  Wilyer Abreu L DH  Rob Refsnyder R 3B  Rafael Devers L C   Connor Wong R 1B  Dom Smith L 2B  Vaughn Grissom R SS  David Hamilton L CF  Ceddanne Rafaela R SS  Gunnar Henderson L 1B  Ryan Mountcastle R DH  Ryan O'Hearn L LF  Colton Cowser L RF  Anthony Santander S CF  Cedric Mullins L 2B  Jorge Mateo R 3B  Ramon Urias R C   James McCann R Orioles Bench Austin Hays (R) Adley Rutschman (S) Kyle Stowers (L) Jordan Westburg (R) -- nursing a sore wrist/hand after HBP last night   Orioles Bullpen Availability Available Danny Coulombe (L)   0.2 IP, 13p Sunday  Craig Kimbrel  (R)   1.0 IP, 13p Sunday  Dillon Tate (R)  1.0 IP, 16p Monday;  2.1 IP, 22p Saturday Jacob Webb (R)  2.0 IP, 23p Monday Probably Available Yennier Cano (R)  1.0 IP, 13p last night;  0.1 IP, 6p Sunday  Maybe Available Thyago Vieira (R)  0.0 IP, 26p Monday Not Available Keegan Akin (L)   1.0 IP, 29 last night;  1.2 IP, 41p Saturday  Cionel Perez (L)   1.0 IP, 11p last night;  1.0 IP, 11p Monday;  1.0 IP, 10p Saturday
  • Popular Contributors