Windsor outpitched Loewen

NewMarketSean

I played through high school and one year in college. Stopped after that.

I was also a pitcher. Imagine that!

Were you ever nervous? I just don't understand how you can be so upset because Loewen hasn't come up to the majors pitching the way that very few rookies ever do.

I understand that you are frustrated and you want what's best for the team, we all do, but we have to give the guy the opportunity. You know we aren't going anywhere this year so let him work out these problems this year so that next year when he has to be here we aren't going through these same problems.

If we were in a penant race I would be skeptical as well but that's not the case. Let him learn now and at this level. I can almost guarantee that by the time Loewen has as much MLB experience under his belt as Cabrera does that the comparison will be night and day (all though that's really not even going out on a limb).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, way to count your chickens way too early. You need 18 more wins before you can crow about anything.

Second, if that is the best you can do, you shouldn't bother.

NMS, I've got nothing against you, but you starts threads like this about once a week. They make you look either extremely foolish, extremely impatient, or extremely stupid. I don't think you're stupid but when I see stuff like this it just makes me shake my head.

Think about what you're saying. You're predicting the A's starter will be better than Loewen based on one start and even you admit that you haven't even studied his stats/background. Take a look at Daniel Cabrera's first ML start and then you will understand we all think you sound silly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=240513204

I'm done now. Have a good night.

I think putting up with 8 straight losing seasons, with very little to no progress, is a great way to cause impatience...but that's just me.

It doesn't seem to work, because you're mad. Unless the happy thread makes you mad, which is confusing. :confused:

Now I'm sad :( and confused. :confused:

But just don't end up mad :mad: because you might embarass :o yourself, which would make confused :confused: people stick their toungue :P out at you!

But it was the same old Loewen. Balls, balls, balls.

The same old Loewen that we've seen for what, five starts prior to this? :rolleyes:

What are you trying to say with this thread? That the O's are a worthless organization because their top pitching prospects can't pitch a shutout on his sixth start in the majors? That we should give up on Loewen because he hasn't figured it out yet? What a pointlessly negative post, no surprise who it's from.

Were you ever nervous? I just don't understand how you can be so upset because Loewen hasn't come up to the majors pitching the way that very few rookies ever do.

I understand that you are frustrated and you want what's best for the team, we all do, but we have to give the guy the opportunity. You know we aren't going anywhere this year so let him work out these problems this year so that next year when he has to be here we aren't going through these same problems.

If we were in a penant race I would be skeptical as well but that's not the case. Let him learn now and at this level. I can almost guarantee that by the time Loewen has as much MLB experience under his belt as Cabrera does that the comparison will be night and day (all though that's really not even going out on a limb).

I never pitched at the MLB level so I don't know what it's like. I just think that after 3-4 times there it's nothing special anymore.

I agree that we need to get these guys some time... I'm not saying send LOewen down by any means. Just wish he was more accurate is all.

First of all, way to count your chickens way too early. You need 18 more wins before you can crow about anything.

Second, if that is the best you can do, you shouldn't bother.

NMS, I've got nothing against you, but you starts threads like this about once a week. They make you look either extremely foolish, extremely impatient, or extremely stupid. I don't think you're stupid but when I see stuff like this it just makes me shake my head.

Think about what you're saying. You're predicting the A's starter will be better than Loewen based on one start and even you admit that you haven't even studied his stats/background. Take a look at Daniel Cabrera's first ML start and then you will understand why we all think you sound silly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=240513204

I'm done now. Have a good night.

It's funny because I get positive rep points all the time for the same threads you think are dumb. None of those rep points are for being stupid or making people laugh from my stupidity. And for the last 2 weeks or so, I've been pretty balanced. I mean, last week was the freakin' All Star game... not much O's action for me to cry about. And before you say anything, I didn't even start a thread about Tejada's poor HRD performance. Maybe I should....

Anyway, you're right. Who knows what will become of Loewen and Windsor. All I know is that I would have felt better if Loewen had Windor's line tonight -- after all he's been through.

We got the win to make it 3 straight so I will shut up now.

Just don't call me stupid.

Just wish he was more accurate is all.
Don't we all. The good thing we can take from this start is even when he's not accurate he's not giving up a ton of runs. He only would have had one earned run if not for that balk.

Of course, we always say the same thing about Cabrera. Let's hope we're not still saying this three years from now.

Same ole Loewen who's 22 years old???

He gave 1 hit in 5 innings...

He got into big time trouble with the 4 walks and balk in that one inning but that's all he gave up and he avoided the big inning...

Glad you're not our GM, mgr, or a season ticket holder who sits next to me...quite frankly, I find this thread very ignorant. I say this because although I don't always agree with you, sometimes I do and I typically don't find your posts this rediculous.

Loewen has his mechanics tweaked when he was in Baltimore. There are going to be stretches like the 4th inning where he completely loses his mechanics for a bit. Over time hopefully he'll be able to make adjustments quicker. I'm not really worried about him, I think he'll be just fine. He isn't going to dominate and will walk too many hitters this year but the payoff in 2007 and 2008 will more than make up for the frustration we have now - especially in those innings where his mechanics fall apart.

Archived