5/27: A's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is almost like the Gods of baseball are making us pay for silly decisions. I have no idea what DT is thinking about here. He'd rather see Hendrickson than Berken? He'd rather see Meredith than Hernandez (or anyone else out there except Castillo)? Just poor, poor stuff IMO. I think Dave is starting to believe in the curse himself or something. Wow, this inning made no sense at all.

I'd fire him for this game, alone.

If he hasn't learned enough to avoid that debacle, good riddance.

Get up from my computer for a few minutes to pack for a weekend trip, come back, the Orioles have given up five runs, and their most effective pitcher was used for only one out.

... the hell?

Well, let the record show that we all viewed the move as poor when he made it.

It's not going to be hindsight is 20/20. It's everyone with any baseball knowledge knew it was a stupid move, except our fearless leader.

Absolutely disgusting.

I said outloud... I don't agree with pulling Hendrickson there... He was locating (granted I saw one at-bat) and got what should have been an easy 3rd out.

Why put the pressure on someone else by putting them into a bases loaded 1 run situation when Hendrickson already proved he was in control?

As I already posted, the first move just made no sense.

Hendrickson vs. lefties : .333 BAA

Berken vs. lefties: .194 BAA

Not to mention Berken has been just all around better.

DT manages like he's trying to get rid of this job. Can't say I blame him, but man, if he's actually trying to win, he's not very good at it.

This is the clincher for me.

Who didn't know that was coming? Managing this inning such that Meredith makes the critical pitch in the highest leverage situation is just awful, awful, awful. He really does have a blind spot when it comes to roles, matching up, vets, etc... Berken and Hernandez have more talent in their left arms than Meredith does in his right arm. No way he is the guy there.

I don't think DT understands what the word "leverage" means. He continually pulls guys far too quickly for non-existent matchup purposes, thus putting our less talented relievers into higher pressure situations.

Archived