One writer makes the case for Pomeranz

I don't know if he projects to be a #2 or 3 starter. Maybe I'm just harder on him than most, but I have him as a back of the rotation/RP.

I think your being a little harsh on Pommeranz. Here is mlb.com's scouting report on him "A stretch of four or so starts during which Pomeranz struggled with command and velocity had some concerned. A strong start in the SEC Tournament likely helped allay some of those fears. Though there's some worry about his arm action, he's got three above-average pitches when he's locked in and a strong track record of success. Talk of a slide likely stopped with his last outing, and he should be gone in the first handful of picks."

I think your being a little harsh on Pommeranz. Here is mlb.com's scouting report on him "A stretch of four or so starts during which Pomeranz struggled with command and velocity had some concerned. A strong start in the SEC Tournament likely helped allay some of those fears. Though there's some worry about his arm action, he's got three above-average pitches when he's locked in and a strong track record of success. Talk of a slide likely stopped with his last outing, and he should be gone in the first handful of picks."

I might be, I know that, but I never really liked him before the season either. To me, if the best he has is 3 above-average pitches and no plus offerings or command, he's not worth it. I just think he's getting a ton of press cause there is no one else out there, this draft is pretty weak at the top, if he were thrown in the mess last year, I don't know if I'd have taken him in the top 15-20.

Like I said, I might just be being a little harsh, just don't know what it is really, but I'm not a fan. I would take the gamble on Castellanos, Whitson, or Cole 10/10 times over Pomeranz.

Archived