Go Cleveland!!!

Sports Guy

"They were in front of my face, but I wasn't the only one who had to deal with it,'' Chamberlain said. "They didn't show up just for me. You can look at it a million ways, but when you come down to it, we were in the loss column. And it's because I didn't do my job.''

The bugs were an equal opportunity annoyance, for sure. But Carmona, who had it just as bad as Chamberlain, was so focused he never stepped off the mound, much less paced or lost his concentration.

"I played in the Dominican Republic with [Carmona] last winter, and there were bugs 10 times that size flying around that field,'' Garko said. "Those bugs scared me to death. They were enormous.

"It just shows what kind of guy he is. It doesn't matter if it's raining, it's hot, it's cold or there are bugs. He just goes out there and pitches his heart out.''

:) At least Joba can admit that it wasn't just the bugs that affected him ... he just wasn't that good. Blame the bugs if you want. I blame it on him being young and nervous.

John Sterling literally blamed the bugs for the Yankees losing. I wanted to jump through the radio and hit him. God I hate him.

Well, at least he's in NY. That's much better than having him around Baltimore, like he used to be...

BTW, how about how great Carmona has been?

The Indians are showing they are the better team but that third game is going to be even harder to win....Can't pull an Oakland and think the series is over.

I said this in the game thread last night. That this is how Cabrera should be throwing.

BTW, how about how great Carmona has been?

If it weren't for the O's, Fausto might never have gotten a chance to stay in the rotation this year. If i recall correctly, he was in danger of being sent down or demoted to the bullpen (where he was a disaster last year) at the end of April when Westbrook came off the DL. In back-to-back starts against the O's, he allowed 1 ER in 15 1/3 innings and the rest is history.

If it weren't for the O's, Fausto might never have gotten a chance to stay in the rotation this year. If i recall correctly, he was in danger of being sent down or demoted to the bullpen (where he was a disaster last year) at the end of April when Westbrook came off the DL. In back-to-back starts against the O's, he allowed 1 ER in 15 1/3 innings and the rest is history.

He actually did go back to the minors after his start versus us.

Archived