Josh Byrnes Fired

Shopay

Stupid move by AZ.

Olney was just on Mike and Mike and said that he polled 12 GMs recently about what GM would you want to run your team and 2 answered Byrnes.

He is looked at as one of the great young minds in the sport and he learned in Boston, the best organization in the sport.

Stupid move by TB.

Olney was just on Mike and Mike and said that he polled 12 GMs recently about what GM would you want to run your team and 2 answered Byrnes.

He is looked at as one of the great young minds in the sport and he learned in Boston, the best organization in the sport.

AZ.

Yeah, he'd be a great guy to go after for us.

I forget how this works.

Say he's owed $500K per year by the D-Backs (I know that number is way off, but bear with me). Say my favorite team offered him $1M per year. Does AZ pay the $500K portion or are they now off the hook?

If another team signs him to a full time contract, AZ is off the hook. If he comes to work as a 1099 consultant AZ still has to pay the length of their contract. This is why you see a lot of teams bring a guy in like that as a consultant so they can keep getting paid on someone else's dime, and then they "promote" them and sign them to a new contract when that original one runs out.

Archived