ESPN is reporting...

Greg Pappas

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Folks, expect everyone to be named. No one is innocent in this thing. Welcome to modern sports. Get over it, it will take the edge off.

I don't expect "everyone" to be named... that's silly. I will never just "get over it", as far as guys cheating.... that's the sort of carefree attitude that allowed this to happen in the first place. Many great players are certainly not taking steroids, but I imagine that the #'s of players juicing is far greater than we realize.

How soon can we trade Tejada???

Why are we worried about Tejada? The names that are going to be released are from American pharmacy rings. Tejada if he was smart would just get his "stuff" from the Dominican where the Feds can't trace it. Heck anybody could walk into a store down there and get PEDs off the shelf...

I don't expect "everyone" to be named... that's silly. I will never just "get over it", as far as guys cheating.... that's the sort of carefree attitude that allowed this to happen in the first place. Many great players are certainly not taking steroids, but I imagine that the #'s of players juicing is far greater than we realize.

It's not far greater than I realize.

If you all think this is just limited to Tejada, you better find another hobby now, because you're going to be crushed.

As far as cheating goes, there's always been shady methods of gaining an edge, in baseball especially. From spitballs/scuffballs to corked bats to cocaine to amphetamines, to steroids to HGH.

It wasn't banned by MLB until a couple seasons ago when Congress breathed down MLB's neck about doing something about their policy. Before that they were complicit because no one (i.e. the fans like you) were the wiser, and everyone was enjoying record revenues.

Now, most players will either get off or more likely the bigger stars who can afford it will find ways around the tests or just use high end stuff like HGH/insulin stacks that are undetectable, until that becomes discoverable and then science will advance and something new will be all the rage.

I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying, that's the way it is. It's a shame because it creates a situation where all the players who want to keep up will use the same stuff. Don't think it doesn't help with injuries, pain management and all that in addition to whatever performance/muscle gains.

Whatever was in the past should be just be given amnesty. From here forward, players should be aggressively, randomly tested (I don't believe they are. It's easy to "cycle" if you know when the tests are coming), and if they're caught, punish them.

But as a great homerun hitter once said, "let's not talk about the past". Because if you really want to cast stones at all players who have used something, we're going to have to field replacement players again.

Why are we worried about Tejada? The names that are going to be released are from American pharmacy rings. Tejada if he was smart would just get his "stuff" from the Dominican where the Feds can't trace it. Heck anybody could walk into a store down there and get PEDs off the shelf...

The Feds have busted international pharmacies from a bunch of countries that were dealing to Americans. China being the biggest market.

The Feds have busted international pharmacies from a bunch of countries that were dealing to Americans. China being the biggest market.

What I am saying is Tejada can just walk into a Dominican "Rite Aid" and purchase PEDs right off the shelf without a prescription. He doesn't have to deal with any pharmacy.

What I am saying is Tejada can just walk into a Dominican "Rite Aid" and purchase PEDs right off the shelf without a prescription. He doesn't have to deal with any pharmacy.

That's a good point, actually. Which is why the names on these pharmacy lists are going to predominately be Americans since they need a source to get their stuff. And once one guy finds a source, don't think it doesn't spread like wildfire in the lockeroom.

That's a good point, actually. Which is why the names on these pharmacy lists are going to predominately be Americans since they need a source to get their stuff. And once one guy finds a source, don't think it doesn't spread like wildfire in the lockeroom.

Exactly, I'd be much more worried about Brian Roberts than I would Tejada.

Exactly, I'd be much more worried about Brian Roberts than I would Tejada.

shrugs

I guess, but only to the extent that he's one of our few stars and it would be a shame for his name to be dragged through the mud and held to a different standard just because he happened to choose the "wrong" pharmacy.

I wonder how many Yankees and Red Sox name will be conveniently kept private or lost altogether?

shrugs

I guess, but only to the extent that he's one of our few stars and it would be a shame for his name to be dragged through the mud and held to a different standard just because he happened to choose the "wrong" pharmacy.

I wonder how many Yankees and Red Sox name will be conveniently kept private or lost altogether?

Mike Lowell would be high on my list of suspects, also David Ortiz, but I think like Tejada he would get his stuff from the Dominican. Lowell however all of a sudden has a career year at age 33. That isn't very likely. I think it's interesting he had a huge dropoff in 2005 when MLB cracked down and then had a rebound and now this career year. That just screams steroids -> HGH use...

Archived