Tejada and Bedard talk

JoeOrsulak

I doubt Bedard can net those 3, I think he comes close to that, and Tejada is worth a little more than LaRoche, so it balances out well. Maybe you can get a 5th player, but I don't think on the level of Ethier, who just had a slightly better offensive year than Tejada in terms of OPS.

This may be true but probably not in the eyes of the Dodgers...Tejada is probably worth a lot more in the eyes of the Dodgers...Meleon would be fine as the 5th player.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt Bedard can net those 3, I think he comes close to that, and Tejada is worth a little more than LaRoche, so it balances out well. Maybe you can get a 5th player, but I don't think on the level of Ethier, who just had a slightly better offensive year than Tejada in terms of OPS.

Loney's value has to be quite high, .919 OPS in a poor hitting park at the age of 23. It was only in about 375 plate appearances, but still quite impressive. I think it will be tough to get a lot in addition to Loney or Kemp, I think both of their value's are underestimated on here. I didn't even realize Loney was as good as he was this year, so that changes my opinion on these potential trades with him involved.

I agree, I think Kershaw and Loney/Kemp is probably all you'd get for Bedard, and that is a terrific package. I'd love to get LaRoche or Hu added into the deal somehow, but if push comes to shove, I'd still take Kershaw and Loney/Kemp for Bedard. Its gonna be tough to get two better palyers than that in return for Bedard.

This may be true but probably not in the eyes of the Dodgers...Tejada is probably worth a lot more in the eyes of the Dodgers...Meleon would be fine as the 5th player.

I just did some edits to my previous post.

I know the Dodgers seem to undervalue LaRoche, but that doesn't mean his trade value isn't stil high, and I'm sure they have a good idea of what it is, so I think we're going overboard on that aspect. Not familiar with Meleon, are you spelling his name right? He's not coming up on the baseball cube.

Any deal involving Bedard involves the teams best major league ready talent as well as a few prospects to go along with it. That means I'd demand at least Chris Young and Conor Jackson, with 2 other prospects to go with it. With the Dodgers I'd say any deal starts with Kershaw and Loney/Kemp.

Let's play around with this for a second....

Bedard and Tejada for LaRoche, Hu, Meleon, Kershaw and Loney...If we had to include someone like Millar in this deal, that would be ok.

BRob and Ramon for Milledge, Pelfrey and Heilman.

Walker for Lillibridge

1st- Loney

2nd- Lillibridge

SS- Hu

3rd- LaRoche

LF- Reimold

CF- Milledge

RF- Markakis

DH- Moore

C- ???

Guys like Millar, Huff and Mora hopefully dealt or filling UTI roles and DH roles with Moore.

I figure you can get Hu and Lillibridge...One can play SS, the other second...I think Hu has the edge defensively for what i have heard.

Rotation is a battle:

Guthrie

DCab

Penn

Olson

Pelfrey

Liz

Loewen

Plus, any starter you may sign to a one or 2 year deal(assuming no lost draft pick) or MiL FAs or rule 5 players.

BP has Meleon, Hoey and Heilman....Bradford or Walker....I would also take a chance on a guy like Farnsworth, give him the closers role and see if he can up his value to the point where we can deal him for talent at the deadline or keep him and get picks at the end of the season.

This would be a fun team to watch.

I agree, I think Kershaw and Loney/Kemp is probably all you'd get for Bedard, and that is a terrific package. I'd love to get LaRoche or Hu added into the deal somehow, but if push comes to shove, I'd still take Kershaw and Loney/Kemp for Bedard. Its gonna be tough to get two better palyers than that in return for Bedard.

Considering LA is willing to deal Kershaw and Kemp for Santana, I would think they would add LaRoche to the deal to get Bedard who is under team control for two more seasons vs. Santana's one. The Dodgers have soured on LaRoche which is why they are looking for a veteran 3B man. Hu is another story as they need a replacement for when Furcal walks after next season.

I just did some edits to my previous post.

I know the Dodgers seem to undervalue LaRoche, but that doesn't mean his trade value isn't stil high, and I'm sure they have a good idea of what it is, so I think we're going overboard on that aspect. Not familiar with Meleon, are you spelling his name right? He's not coming up on the baseball cube.

No....Meloan...He is a top relief/closer prospect.

Yeah there is no chance they give up both Loney and Kemp. I think I'd prefer to get Loney, because we can get outfielders in return for Tejada or Roberts (Pie, Milledge). Kershaw and Loney might be pretty much the entire package for Bedard. Maybe you could squeeze Hu or LaRoche into the deal, but I think that is probably unlikely. Maybe if you also send them Walker or Bradford (or both) they'd be more willing to include a 3rd player.

So do Bedard and Walker for Loney, Kershaw and Hu. Then send Tejada to the Cubs for Pie, Cedeno, and Marmol. Finish it up with Roberts and Hernandez to the Mets for Milledge, Heilman, and Pelfrey.

That gives us a young, pretty much MLB ready player at every position on the diamond. Markakis, Milledge, Pie, and Reimold in the OF. Loney, Cedeno, Hu, and Moore in the IF. Wieters behind the plate. With Guthrie, Kershaw, Pelfrey, Olson, Liz, and Penn to round out the rotation and Hoey, Ray, Marmol, and Heilman in the pen. Sounds good to me!

Dude, sign me up.

No....Meloan...He is a top relief/closer prospect.

Ok, impressive stats, and I don't think he would be added onto that trade. Getting the 4 guys we're talking about might be too much, and I'd be very happy with them as a return.

Ok, impressive stats, and I don't think he would be added onto that trade. Getting the 4 guys we're talking about might be too much, and I'd be very happy with them as a return.

I would probably trade those 2 for those 4 BUT i would try to pry that 5th player out from them.

I would probably trade those 2 for those 4 BUT i would try to pry that 5th player out from them.

Well of course, but I think you'd have to try just for those 4.

To put these guys in perspective:

Kershaw: Considered by many to be best pitching prospect in baseball.

LaRoche: Top 25 prospect, major league ready.

Hu: Probably top 50 prospect, major league ready.

Loney: At age 23, has a career OPS+ of 130 in close to a full seasons worth of ab's, considered a very good defensive 1B. To compare, Markakis has a 114 OPS+ at the same age, coming off a 121 season, and is a very good defensive RF. Imagine how we'd be talking about Loney or any of these guys if they were O's.

Yes, Bedard can net 3 very good to great prospects, but Loney is beyond prospect level and Kershaw is a super prospect, so just netting those two would be great, and can easily be seen as too much from an opposing point of view. If you want 3 guys, lower your sights on the players.

Tejada is worth 1-2 very good prospects, So LaRoche and Hu is likely his max return, LaRoche by himself or with a 10-15 organizational prospect would be fair as well.

Archived