Tejada and Bedard talk

JoeOrsulak

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a question for you guys.

If the team you target asks to talk to Bedard and his agent, do you let them?

The reason I ask is that I recall Beane not letting teams talk to Hudson before he traded him.

I never understood the reasoning for this. If you have a deal in place then let them talk.

Here's a question for you guys.

If the team you target asks to talk to Bedard and his agent, do you let them?

The reason I ask is that I recall Beane not letting teams talk to Hudson before he traded him.

This off-season, my answer would be "No".

I mean, the trade partner is getting two years of Bedard before free agency. That's a lot. They can talk to him then and present their best case.

I never understood the reasoning for this. If you have a deal in place then let them talk.

Because if Bedard and team x can't agree to an extension, your deal likely falls apart.

I say no to 1970's question.

To answer your question, if you believe some reports, the Orioles might very well have ended up with Tim Hudson a few years ago (and then likely would have lost him to FA). If memory serves they would have ended up with one year of Hudson in exchange for Bedard, Penn (?), and someone else (?).
John Maine.

Agree, if we trade both might as well trade both BRob and Ramon.

Assume BRob wouldn't want to be on the team, but any case he would need to be traded then.

If you trade Miggi for say Pie and Cedeno and Bedard for Kershaw, Looney, and LaRoche and Hernandez for Gomez, why wouldn't BRob want to be on that team? And why wouldn't you want him on that team? You think these guys aren't good enough to be contenders by 2010, adding Wieters, Snyder, Reimold and Rowell? BRob only has 2 good years left in him at the ripe old age of 30? Or maybe he'll be heartbroken at the loss of his busom buddies Gibbons and Tejada?:rolleyes:

If you trade Miggi for say Pie and Cedeno and Bedard for Kershaw, Looney, and LaRoche and Hernandez for Gomez, why wouldn't BRob want to be on that team? And why wouldn't you want him on that team? You think these guys aren't good enough to be contenders by 2010, adding Wieters, Snyder, Reimold and Rowell? BRob only has 2 good years left in him at the ripe old age of 30? Or maybe he'll be heartbroken at the loss of his busom buddies Gibbons and Tejada?:rolleyes:

Because the team is probably at least 2 years away from contending...That is why he may want to leave.

As for why wouldn't we want him? That has been answered...Aging player, expensive contract.

If we add Loney, LaRoche, Kershaw, Gomez, Pie and Cedeno this offseason, I think there will be some very happy people on this board. BRob for another couple of players and I would say A+ for the offseason. No way we couldn't move a few mid-level arms or a player + cash for a second baseman.

It would be a ridiculous amount of talent for the Dodgers to give up, but would Bedard and Tejada to LAD make sense?

We're discussing something along the lines of LaRoche and Hu for Tejada. And for Bedard, we're talking Kershaw, Loney, Kemp and some others. Could Bedard and Tejada net us Loney, Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu, and Ethier? Would that just be way too much young talent to part with in one trade?

I really doubt the Dodgers move Loney or Kemp, but if we could get one of them and Kershaw, that would be almost good enough for Bedard, IMO. We could then either look for a Tejada trade with the Cubs, or maybe even get some more talent out of the Dodgers.

It would be a ridiculous amount of talent for the Dodgers to give up, but would Bedard and Tejada to LAD make sense?

We're discussing something along the lines of LaRoche and Hu for Tejada. And for Bedard, we're talking Kershaw, Loney, Kemp and some others. Could Bedard and Tejada net us Loney, Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu, and Ethier? Would that just be way too much young talent to part with in one trade?

I really doubt the Dodgers move Loney or Kemp, but if we could get one of them and Kershaw, that would be almost good enough for Bedard, IMO. We could then either look for a Tejada trade with the Cubs, or maybe even get some more talent out of the Dodgers.

I thought about this.

I think it would be possible but, as you said, they would basically have to trade us Loney, LaRoche, Hu, Kershaw and Kemp....I doubt they would trade that much young talent.

I don't think McPhail would let the Dodgers not include Loney or Kemp in the deal. If I'm the Dodgers, I'm thinking that Bedard definately puts me at the top of the heap in the NLWest. The Rockies can hit, but is their pitching staff built for the long haul? Actually, every team in the NLWest should be making a serious run at Bedard in my opinion. He makes any of the four the odds on favorite in that division for the next two years.

The Mets should be taking a good long look as well. They could probably offer enough to make a deal happen. Bedard in NYC would scare me if I were the GM, though.

Seattle could close a lot of ground on the Angels, but I don't think they'd be willing to put together the package it would take.

Bedard could have almost as big an impact in the NLCentral, but don't know if any of those teams could bring the right package to the table.

Bedard needs to be the first piece to go, evaluate the take and then pick up remaining pieces with Tejada, Ramon and BRob.

Yeah there is no chance they give up both Loney and Kemp. I think I'd prefer to get Loney, because we can get outfielders in return for Tejada or Roberts (Pie, Milledge). Kershaw and Loney might be pretty much the entire package for Bedard. Maybe you could squeeze Hu or LaRoche into the deal, but I think that is probably unlikely. Maybe if you also send them Walker or Bradford (or both) they'd be more willing to include a 3rd player.

So do Bedard and Walker for Loney, Kershaw and Hu. Then send Tejada to the Cubs for Pie, Cedeno, and Marmol. Finish it up with Roberts and Hernandez to the Mets for Milledge, Heilman, and Pelfrey.

That gives us a young, pretty much MLB ready player at every position on the diamond. Markakis, Milledge, Pie, and Reimold in the OF. Loney, Cedeno, Hu, and Moore in the IF. Wieters behind the plate. With Guthrie, Kershaw, Pelfrey, Olson, Liz, and Penn to round out the rotation and Hoey, Ray, Marmol, and Heilman in the pen. Sounds good to me!

Yeah there is no chance they give up both Loney and Kemp. I think I'd prefer to get Loney, because we can get outfielders in return for Tejada or Roberts (Pie, Milledge). Kershaw and Loney might be pretty much the entire package for Bedard. Maybe you could squeeze Hu or LaRoche into the deal, but I think that is probably unlikely. Maybe if you also send them Walker or Bradford (or both) they'd be more willing to include a 3rd player.

So do Bedard and Walker for Loney, Kershaw and Hu. Then send Tejada to the Cubs for Pie, Cedeno, and Marmol. Finish it up with Roberts and Hernandez to the Mets for Milledge, Heilman, and Pelfrey.

That gives us a young, pretty much MLB ready player at every position on the diamond. Markakis, Milledge, Pie, and Reimold in the OF. Loney, Cedeno, Hu, and Moore in the IF. Wieters behind the plate. With Guthrie, Kershaw, Pelfrey, Olson, Liz, and Penn to round out the rotation and Hoey, Ray, Marmol, and Heilman in the pen. Sounds good to me!

Don't forget about Loewen in the rotation.

Seeing a whole new team like that would be pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

This post made me tingle all over.

Archived