Tejada and Bedard talk

JoeOrsulak

Yes, Coletti is much more likely to trade top prospects, but with Loney and Kemp, they've already played very good to great in the majors, so I would assume he doesn't view them the same as he does guys like LaRoche and Hu.

I would agree with this as well....But does Bedard and Tejada change his mind? I don't think he would trade both of those guys but i think he would trade one and if he does, i want Loney more than Kemp.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would agree with this as well....But does Bedard and Tejada change his mind? I don't think he would trade both of those guys but i think he would trade one and if he does, i want Loney more than Kemp.

That's fine, and we likely can get one of those guys in a deal involving Bedard. But I think Kemp or Loney > Tejada in terms of trade value.

SG, lets say the offers aren't as good as you expect, what is the absolute least you would take back for Bedard and Tejada, either together or apart? You can use Dodgers players to answer the question if you like.

SG, lets say the offers aren't as good as you expect, what is the absolute least you would take back for Bedard and Tejada, either together or apart? You can use Dodgers players to answer the question if you like.

To be honest, i wouldn't look to trade these 2 together unless the Dodgers were that team.

So, let's look at them seperately...If i trade Bedard to the Dodgers, i need Kershaw and 2 of LaRoche, Hu, Loney and Kemp...So, in that example, i guess the least is LaRoche, Hu and Kershaw...I still make that deal.

For Tejada? If i trade him to the Dodgers, LaRoche and Maleon.

To be honest, i wouldn't look to trade these 2 together unless the Dodgers were that team.

So, let's look at them seperately...If i trade Bedard to the Dodgers, i need Kershaw and 2 of LaRoche, Hu, Loney and Kemp...So, in that example, i guess the least is LaRoche, Hu and Kershaw...I still make that deal.

For Tejada? If i trade him to the Dodgers, LaRoche and Maleon.

Ok, that seems pretty fair if it's LaRoche and Hu along with Kershaw in the Bedard deal, although I would still trade Tejada if it was just for LaRoche and a lesser relief prospect. Or for Pie and Cedeno. For Bedard, I'd take Loney/Kemp and Kershaw as well, wouldn't require 3 guys. Even Loney/Kemp and LaRoche would be hard to turn down if that was the best offer and Bedard didn't want to sign an extension.

I don't think McPhail would let the Dodgers not include Loney or Kemp in the deal. If I'm the Dodgers, I'm thinking that Bedard definately puts me at the top of the heap in the NLWest. The Rockies can hit, but is their pitching staff built for the long haul? Actually, every team in the NLWest should be making a serious run at Bedard in my opinion. He makes any of the four the odds on favorite in that division for the next two years.

The Mets should be taking a good long look as well. They could probably offer enough to make a deal happen. Bedard in NYC would scare me if I were the GM, though.

Seattle could close a lot of ground on the Angels, but I don't think they'd be willing to put together the package it would take.

Bedard could have almost as big an impact in the NLCentral, but don't know if any of those teams could bring the right package to the table.

Bedard needs to be the first piece to go, evaluate the take and then pick up remaining pieces with Tejada, Ramon and BRob.

I completely agree with this post with one exception.

I'm not sure the Giants are going to be players in the NL West next season. The strength of their team right now is their young rotation, but their line up is pretty much played out.

I don't see them having a legitimate need for Bedard or Tejada right now. Like the Orioles, they need to get younger in the field.

Trading Brian Roberts is a horrible idea!!!!!:002_scry:

I am actually in agreement with the mother of the knife stealing child on this one. Roberts is still young enough to stay on a rebuilding team and be a career Oriole. He's your leadoff man, a solid on base guy, with some pop, and appears to be a good guy for young players to look up to. Trading Miggy and Bedard I am all for, but I would keep Roberts around!

I am actually in agreement with the mother of the knife stealing child on this one. Roberts is still young enough to stay on a rebuilding team and be a career Oriole. He's your leadoff man, a solid on base guy, with some pop, and appears to be a good guy for young players to look up to. Trading Miggy and Bedard I am all for, but I would keep Roberts around!
Roberts will most likely still be a very useful player in 2-3 seasons, but its not as likely that he's still a major impact player that he is now. Its hard to trade him because he's still fairly young, reasonable contract, and is great in the community, but its harder to deny that trading him is by far a better option for the future of the team than keeping him is.

Do you guys think with Jeff Kent in the Owners ear (and they fact that he may move to 1b) next year means BRob could be in a Dodgers deal to replace Kent at 2b?

Would Bedard+BRob+Reimold for Kershaw+Loney+Kemp be too outlandish? Kemp is your LF for the next decade. Loney is your 1b for the next decade. Kershaw hoepfully teams with Erbe to be your two young prized pitchers.

Archived