Tejada and Bedard talk

JoeOrsulak

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well what about swapping Reimold for Markakis?

I think that would have to be done to reach the level of Loney, Kershaw, LaRoche, and Hu.

I think our equivalent is basically Markakis, Loewen, Weiters, and Rowell. Something along those lines.

My point here is to try to show how much people are asking for, because I think many are undervaluing who we are talking about here.

Not saying we can't get that return, but it should be easy to understand why the Dodgers might not do that.

Anyone know of a Dodgers site on the level of the Hangout? Would like to get their perspective, all I've found are mlb.com, espn.com, and scout.com sites. Posted something on the espn.com board, but doubt I get much of a response.

3 trades I would do -- as I don't think all trade proposed have been acceptable for both sides and I don't think Tejada and Bedard will be packaged together.

Bedard to Dodgers for LaRoche, Hu, Kershaw

Tejada to Cubs for Pie, Cedeno

Roberts & Hernandez for Milledge, Humber, Heilman

Sign: LoDuca (2 years), Kennedy (3 years), Wood (2 years)

C LoDuca, 1B Millar, 2B Cedeno, SS Hu, 3B LaRoche, LF Milledge, CF Pie, RF Markakis, DH Huff

#1 Guthrie, #2 Cabrera, #3 Loewen, #4 Olson, #5 Penn/Kershaw/Humber

Bullpen - Burress, Walker, Bradford, Heilman, Kennedy, Hoey, Wood

In 2009:

C Wieters, 1B Rowell, 2B Cedeno, SS Hu, 3B LaRoche, LF Milledge, CF Pie, RF Markakis, DH Reimold

#1 Loewen, #2 Cabrera, #3 Kershaw, #4 Guthrie, #5 Olson/Penn

I think that would have to be done to reach the level of Loney, Kershaw, LaRoche, and Hu.

I think our equivalent is basically Markakis, Loewen, Weiters, and Rowell. Something along those lines.

My point here is to try to show how much people are asking for, because I think many are undervaluing who we are talking about here.

Not saying we can't get that return, but it should be easy to understand why the Dodgers might not do that.

This is probably accurate if you are talking Loney in the deal although he hasn't proven if over a full season yet I don't think.

Obviously the situations and reasons for doing it are different.

I will be honest with you...If i were the Dodgers, i wouldn't trade LaRoche for Miggy...Personally, i like LaRoche more than Loney because of the positions.

The Dodgers just don't seem to share that sentiment with me.

This is probably accurate if you are talking Loney in the deal although he hasn't proven if over a full season yet I don't think.

Obviously the situations and reasons for doing it are different.

I will be honest with you...If i were the Dodgers, i wouldn't trade LaRoche for Miggy...Personally, i like LaRoche more than Loney because of the positions.

The Dodgers just don't seem to share that sentiment with me.

Yep, that seems to be the case about LaRoche, but I think they do value Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw a lot.

If I was in charge of the Dodgers, I start LaRoche at 3B, Ethier and Kemp in the OF, Loney at 1st, and look for another OF bat, I don't care if that's at the expense of Pierre. They got a great young core, and that's what I build around, and they should be able to compete for the playoffs for a long time.

Yep, that seems to be the case about LaRoche, but I think they do value Kemp, Loney, and Kershaw a lot. If I was in charge of the Dodgers, I start LaRoche at 3B, Ethier and Kemp in the OF, Loney at 1st, and look for another OF bat, I don't care if that's at the expense of Pierre. They got a great young core, and that's what I build around, and they should be able to compete for the playoffs for a long time.

Is this true though?

There was talk that Kemp was going to be in a Santana deal.

I also read somewhere(it may have just been speculation though) that the Dodgers are still willing to look elsewhere besides Loney.

Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with you though.

Is this true though?

There was talk that Kemp was going to be in a Santana deal.

I also read somewhere(it may have just been speculation though) that the Dodgers are still willing to look elsewhere besides Loney.

Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with you though.

I think this is mostly just rumors, but saying Kemp could be in a Santana deal, doesn't mean they don't highly value Kemp.

I think this is mostly just rumors, but saying Kemp could be in a Santana deal, doesn't mean they don't highly value Kemp.

I know...But trading him in a deal for one year of Santana isn't that smart IMO.(when you consider he isn't the only piece)

Coletti is the anti-Stoneman and the Orioles need to take advantage of that this offseason IMO.

No team can solve our issues more than the Dodgers.

I know...But trading him in a deal for one year of Santana isn't that smart IMO.(when you consider he isn't the only piece)

Coletti is the anti-Stoneman and the Orioles need to take advantage of that this offseason IMO.

No team can solve our issues more than the Dodgers.

Yes, Coletti is much more likely to trade top prospects, but with Loney and Kemp, they've already played very good to great in the majors, so I would assume he doesn't view them the same as he does guys like LaRoche and Hu.

Archived