Tejada and Bedard talk

JoeOrsulak

I thought about this.

I think it would be possible but, as you said, they would basically have to trade us Loney, LaRoche, Hu, Kershaw and Kemp....I doubt they would trade that much young talent.

They wouldn't need to go that far. Take away Kemp, and that's a fair trade for both teams.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah there is no chance they give up both Loney and Kemp. I think I'd prefer to get Loney, because we can get outfielders in return for Tejada or Roberts (Pie, Milledge). Kershaw and Loney might be pretty much the entire package for Bedard. Maybe you could squeeze Hu or LaRoche into the deal, but I think that is probably unlikely. Maybe if you also send them Walker or Bradford (or both) they'd be more willing to include a 3rd player.

So do Bedard and Walker for Loney, Kershaw and Hu. Then send Tejada to the Cubs for Pie, Cedeno, and Marmol. Finish it up with Roberts and Hernandez to the Mets for Milledge, Heilman, and Pelfrey.

That gives us a young, pretty much MLB ready player at every position on the diamond. Markakis, Milledge, Pie, and Reimold in the OF. Loney, Cedeno, Hu, and Moore in the IF. Wieters behind the plate. With Guthrie, Kershaw, Pelfrey, Olson, Liz, and Penn to round out the rotation and Hoey, Ray, Marmol, and Heilman in the pen. Sounds good to me!

Sounds good to me as well. I'd rather have Kemp than Loney as I think he's going to be quite a bit better than Loney, but I get why you went the way you did. Plus, I think it would be harder to get Kemp. Doubt we can get both Marmol and Cedeno back for Tejada, but it's possible. If we get Cedeno back, I'd rather get LaRoche than Hu, he's the better prospect of the two imo.

Sounds good to me as well. I'd rather have Kemp than Loney as I think he's going to be quite a bit better than Loney, but I get why you went the way you did. Plus, I think it would be harder to get Kemp. Doubt we can get both Marmol and Cedeno back for Tejada, but it's possible. If we get Cedeno back, I'd rather get LaRoche than Hu, he's the better prospect of the two imo.
I'd defintiely prefer LaRoche to Hu, but I think LaRoche along with Kershaw and Loney/Kemp is asking a lot, even for Bedard. Unless they've soured on him, then maybe he'd be easier to give up than Hu.

Don't forget about Loewen in the rotation.

Seeing a whole new team like that would be pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

Thanks! I don't know how I forgot about Loewen, I think he's going to be the best of the bunch. That team could be very good, very soon. Perhaps even contending by 2009 if the pitching comes through.

I'd defintiely prefer LaRoche to Hu, but I think LaRoche along with Kershaw and Loney/Kemp is asking a lot, even for Bedard. Unless they've soured on him, then maybe he'd be easier to give up than Hu.

If they're as down on LaRoche as has been reported, I don't think that's asking for anymore than Hu.

If they're as down on LaRoche as has been reported, I don't think that's asking for anymore than Hu.
Right, thats definitely the wild card. If we could get Kershaw, Loney, and LaRoche for Bedard, that would be a tremendous trade. I'd probably even prefer that to extending Bedard.

I think i need the 5th player though...Doesn't need to be Kemp..Maybe Ethier or Meleon.

I don't think the Dodger or McPhail care what you need.;) We're talking about 4 elite young players here, Tejada probably couldn't get Kershaw or Loney by himself, so that is a fair trade. I don't see any reason to set an exact quota with these possible trades. Kershaw and Loney is a fine return for Bedard, and LaRoche and Hu is an excellent return for Tejada.

Well we finally have a piece that could snag some much coveted youth. I think we actually have something more valueable than the young players as far as trade value, and that is a top tier pitcher.

It would suck to see him go, but if we could unload Hernandez, Bedard and Tejada in the same off season, I would bet we could have a pretty promising team.

Right, thats definitely the wild card. If we could get Kershaw, Loney, and LaRoche for Bedard, that would be a tremendous trade. I'd probably even prefer that to extending Bedard.

Yeah, that'd be great, a little much if I'm the Dodgers, if I'm them, and share their feeling on LaRoche, I only offer Loney and Kershaw or one of those two with LaRoche and Hu.

So do Bedard and Walker for Loney, Kershaw and Hu. Then send Tejada to the Cubs for Pie, Cedeno, and Marmol. Finish it up with Roberts and Hernandez to the Mets for Milledge, Heilman, and Pelfrey.

I don't think there's any way in hell you get all that for those five guys. The Mets trade strikes me as especially unrealistic.

Loney, LaRoche and Kershaw for Bedard would be a great deal for the Orioles, but I think that would cause some problems for the Dodgers. Right now, other than Nomar, LaRoche is the only 3B option on their 40-man roster unless they want to give the job to an unproven Tony Abreu. (Maybe move Hu?) Nomar can play 3B, but if you also trade your starting 1B who do you put there if not Nomar? Kent would make sense, but now it's getting complicated.

I think the Dodgers should be interested in Mike Lowell this offseason if he’s available. A guy I know who covers baseball out here hasn't heard anything about Lowell, but he does think the Dodgers have an interest in Torii Hunter. If that turns out to be true, then the Dodgers will want to move Juan Pierre.

I'm not advocating Juan Pierre, but if the Orioles want two ML ready players back from the Dodgers Loney and Pierre (salary included) along with Kershaw or Hu might be more realistic. For the Orioles needs, I prefer Loney to Kemp.

I think Loney, Kemp, Hu, Kershaw and Ethier for Tejada and Bedard causes more problems for the Dodgers then they solve. I believe they think they’re one good starter and at least one productive bat (two if Loney is moved) away from being the NL West favorites out of spring training. I’m not sure they feel the need to construct quite so complicated a trade. The right one or two everyday free agents is a good fit for the Dodgers next year.

Spend for Hunter and Lowell, trade for Bedard (losing Pierre in the process) is what I see making the most sense for LA and they don't have to give away the future in the process. From the Orioles standpoint, I would look for a separate deal for Tejada.

I don't think the Dodger or McPhail care what you need.;) We're talking about 4 elite young players here, Tejada probably couldn't get Kershaw or Loney by himself, so that is a fair trade. I don't see any reason to set an exact quota with these possible trades. Kershaw and Loney is a fine return for Bedard, and LaRoche and Hu is an excellent return for Tejada.

I want to be greedy...See how desperate they get.

Greed baby!!! :D

Yeah, that'd be great, a little much if I'm the Dodgers, if I'm them, and share their feeling on LaRoche, I only offer Loney and Kershaw or one of those two with LaRoche and Hu.

If Bedard can net Loney, Hu and Kershaw, then i think Tejada is worth LaRoche and another player like Meleon or Ethier.

If Bedard can net Loney, Hu and Kershaw, then i think Tejada is worth LaRoche and another player like Meleon or Ethier.

I doubt Bedard can net those 3, Kershaw and Loney is more than fair imo, and Tejada for LaRoche and Hu is very favorable for us. Maybe you can get a 5th player, but I don't think on the level of Ethier, who just had a slightly better offensive year than Tejada in terms of OPS.

Loney's value has to be quite high, .919 OPS in a poor hitting park at the age of 23. It was only in about 375 plate appearances, but still quite impressive. I think it will be tough to get a lot in addition to Loney or Kemp, I think both of their value's are underestimated on here. I didn't even realize Loney was as good as he was this year, so that changes my opinion on these potential trades with him involved.

Archived