Tejada and Bedard talk

JoeOrsulak

Why is there always the negative outlook? Maybe Bedard has a 20+ win season, sets the ML K record, and wins the Cy Young. His value would be off the charts?
His value still wouldn't be much higher than it is right now, if at all, because he'd only have one year left. Johan Santana is essentially the scenario you just outlined, and its very possible that Bedard has more value than him right now. The full two years against only one makes a huge difference in a guy's value.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is there always the negative outlook? Maybe Bedard has a 20+ win season, sets the ML K record, and wins the Cy Young. His value would be off the charts?

Of course that could happen.

But you are still trying to play the odds here...The odds tell you that Bedard, who is coming off a great season and is still cheap for TWO more seasons, is at his peak value right now.

I think the odds of Bedard declining or getting hurt are better than the chances of him doing what you are proposing...

Remember what happens when you assume...

The Orioles are great at assuming...

I think the odds of Bedard declining or getting hurt are better than the chances of him doing what you are proposing...
Especially when you factor in how harmful an injury plagued year would be to his value versus whatever benefit there would be from a dominating year.

Even if he's a stud next year, his value is probably higher right now than it would be next offseason. I could see his value increasing between now and the trade deadline, but it will certainly start going down after July 31st.

Great piece? :confused:

As in the third player in the deal. I know you aren't a big fan, but if the first two players are A prospects, I think he is a solid 3rd piece to a deal. I know he is a bit old for a prospect and Ks too often, but he has good power and I think he is an everyday player at the next level.

As in the third player in the deal. I know you aren't a big fan, but if the first two players are A prospects, I think he is a solid 3rd piece to a deal. I know he is a bit old for a prospect and Ks too often, but he has good power and I think he is an everyday player at the next level.

I don't see Koshansky as any better than Scott Moore.

I don't see Koshansky as any better than Scott Moore.

Well, that is a fair comparison. So as a third piece in a deal for Bedard (if there is also a 4th piece) he could be worth the roll.

Now, I would rather do a 3 player deal with the Dodgers or the D-Backs, however, I see Koshansky as someone who could develop into a #5-6 hole hitter.

Well, that is a fair comparison. So as a third piece in a deal for Bedard (if there is also a 4th piece) he could be worth the roll.

Now, I would rather do a 3 player deal with the Dodgers or the D-Backs, however, I see Koshansky as someone who could develop into a #5-6 hole hitter.

Yea i need more than that.

I don't think the Rockies are a good match for what this team needs.

It wasnt really the offer rather it was more the way the O's handled it.

Yep Duquette's "mother may I" relationship with Angelos really screwed the pooch on that one. I suspect MacPhail already has an idea of what he can and can't do from Angelos going into the offseason so a situation like that doesn't happen again. Something tells me MacPhail doesn't like looking like an idiot...

Yep Duquette's "mother may I" relationship with Angelos really screwed the pooch on that one. I suspect MacPhail already has an idea of what he can and can't do from Angelos going into the offseason so a situation like that doesn't happen again. Something tells me MacPhail doesn't like looking like an idiot...

But do we really know what the story is between Andy and PA? I mean AM hasnt really come out and layed out a realistic gameplan. I hope he does soon after the WS. I just am tired of smoke and mirrors. And that AM has the reigns here.

Archived