I hate the red sox!

cindyluvsbrady

How's it feel to be the New Yankees?

We're not bitter, we genuinely hate your team. Now run along.

Yep, we bought a title, despite having more homegrown guys than the 2004 team. Thanks for playing.

You talk about bandwagon sox fans ruining it for the true fans? It's petty, bitter Orioles that ruin it for the fans who cheer regardless for your team, which believe it or not, I feel bad for that they have a douchebag for an owner, wrecking a proud franchise.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
World Champs. I can't believe I get to say it twice in my lifetime. And unlike 04 when I went to a bar, I got to see this one with my father. This is what makes all the heartbreak worth it.

Thanks to everyone who had kind words, you're true fans. The rest of you are bitter crybabies.

No, we're your rivals. Don't expect kind words on an Orioles message board.

Really, the "Red Sox nation" fan base has alienated people who even used to like the Red Sox.

I lived in Mass. until I was 7. I remember being a little Red Sox fan who was so proud of himself for being able to spell Rico Petrocelli and Carl Yastrzemski's names (wow, I still can). I moved to Maryland and became a lifelong Oriole fan, but I always kept a soft spot for the Red Sox in my heart. In years like 1978 when the Orioles were out of it, I rooted for the Red Sox to beat the Yankees out. My grandfather (1898-1985) was a lifelong Red Sox fanatic, and I shed a tear thinking of him when they won it all in 2004. I rooted for them that entire postseason and loved the comeback against the Yankees and them winning it all. For years 8-40 of my life, the Red Sox were my 2nd favorite team after being my favorite team before that.

But dealing with the obnoxious, ignorant, bandwagon bunch of fans that constitute Red Sox Nation the last three years have turned me completely against the Red Sox. I want to see them lose just as much as I want to see the Yankees lose. It may not be fair to guys on the team, but as a fan I can like who I want to like and when an entire fanbase becomes arrogant, self righteous, and full of themselves, it becomes very easy to dislike a team (see also Penn State football, Duke basketball).

Dude, your team just won the freaking World Series less than an hour ago and you're trolling another team's message board and calling strangers names??? Don't you have something better to do, like... I don't know... go outside and celebrate with your fellow Red Sox fans? :rolleyes:

LOL Bluberry!!!!!:D

This is 100% true!!!

Yep, we bought a title, despite having more homegrown guys than the 2004 team. Thanks for playing.

You talk about bandwagon sox fans ruining it for the true fans? It's petty, bitter Orioles that ruin it for the fans who cheer regardless for your team, which believe it or not, I feel bad for that they have a douchebag for an owner, wrecking a proud franchise.

He may be a d-bag, but he's our d-bag. There's no need for you to come on here and patronize us... especially when you should be enjoying a momentous occasion for your team with your fellow bandwagoners... er, uh, Sox fans.

Dude, your team just won the freaking World Series less than an hour ago and you're trolling another team's message board and calling strangers names??? Don't you have something better to do, like... I don't know... go outside and celebrate with your fellow Red Sox fans? :rolleyes:

I hung around tonight and decided to go over to my dad's for this, since we missed it in 04. I was reading the boards and had to see what you guys thought, since you're nothing but a haven but bitterness. I've gotten quite the laugh after reading this. Made it sweeter to win.

*not directed at the true fans. I'm done with this joint now.

You do realize that the Red Sox played baseball before 2004?

I hung around tonight and decided to go over to my dad's for this, since we missed it in 04. I was reading the boards and had to see what you guys thought, since you're nothing but a haven but bitterness. I've gotten quite the laugh after reading this. Made it sweeter to win.

Thank God!

Here's a tip...

http://www.sonsofsamhorn.net/

By the way.. who names their message board after a nondescript player who hit .240 with a grand total of 62 homeruns to his name anyway?

Before I split, I need to comment on this. Sons of Sam Horn is ridiculous and I wouldnt post there. Any message board that asks you to send an email telling their mods why you should be allowed to post is a little elitest.

Dude, your team just won the freaking World Series less than an hour ago and you're trolling another team's message board and calling strangers names??? Don't you have something better to do, like... I don't know... go outside and celebrate with your fellow bandwagoning fans? :rolleyes:

I hate the fact that I'm doing it but...

"fixed that for you..."

Check your payroll. You bought a series.

Why should I cheer for the Sox again?

We're bitter, but you're the one celebrating World Series victory by trolling a losing team's message board? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We're bitter, but you're the one celebrating World Series victory by trolling a losing team's message board? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love the whole bit about him thinking we should be rooting for his team, yet not backing that thought up with any logic.

Typical Sox fan...arrogant as all hell, thinking the rest of the baseball world should bow to them.

Archived