If you were the GM, would you put Britton on the OD roster, or wait?

Frobby

If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster

• Yes - give the team the best chance to win now
    • No - get the extra year of control by waiting until April 21 or later

This poll is closed to new votes

Seriously? Hard to take anything you say seriously after that evaluation. Sure, Tillman's fastball is straight but his cutter is much improving and his curve ball can certainly be an out pitch if he gets his release point down. Hes proven on more than one occasion that hes capable of shutting down good lineups, even the AL pennant winners last year.

Tillmans fb is 89-91, flat, and inconsistent as far as location. Not good.

His curve ball, per your own evaluation, is a work in progress.

He has had good games, but so has almost every pitcher. Watching him in texas, no less, was one of the highlights of the year for me.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the exact same feeling about 5 minutes before your post. The random thumbs ups and hearts seems like an amateur attempt to disguise his posts.

An e-detective, you are not.

That doesn't mean you wont be successful in other e-endeavours.

Tillmans fb is 89-91, flat, and inconsistent as far as location. Not good.

His curve ball, per your own evaluation, is a work in progress.

He has had good games, but so has almost every pitcher. Watching him in texas, no less, was one of the highlights of the year for me.

So clearly hes proven more than a batting practice pitcher. He could wind up a bust, and I'm not sold on him yet, but he still has plenty of potential.

This isn't a whos going to be better vote and its not close to 50/50 which is about what Durant vs. Oden was. The most educated and die hard Oriole fans in the world post here so when we agree as a whole you can be pretty sure we're on point.

BTW, I had Durant in that toss up too.

durant/oden was not close to 50/50, actually. People like to think that way now though. That was as easy a pick as there has ever been and 90% had it wrong. It happens all the time. It will happen this year.

'pretty sure'? uh oh.

30+ starts > 2 or 3 starts.

Guaranteed 3-4 starts > the unknown and the fact that he is ours to pay if he does live up to the hype. We're going to be paying the guy one day if he's that impressive. I think people underrate different psychological factors, but then again, perhaps I overrate them.

So clearly hes proven more than a batting practice pitcher. He could wind up a bust, and I'm not sold on him yet, but he still has plenty of potential.

I think I said he had a BP fastball. If not, my apologies. I love Chris, no homo, and hope he throws 3 no-hitters in his first 3 starts.

I dont think he has all that much potential if he cant locate and tops out around 90. I imagine that issues/corrections with mechanics may change each of those things though.

I actually loved Tillmans change when he came up. As I love brittons. I think pitchers gain confidence in the change up much later than they do the fb and breaking balls. A lot of youngsters seem tentative to let the change up go.

Crossed my mind but wasn't Old fan in love with Tillman?

Yeah he was, but after doing this before as "Eli Eon", maybe he is trying to hide things better. I think his thought process and grammatical structure is too bizarre to be consistently imitated. If two Orioles fans really write like that, mores the pity. We'll see, I guess.

4 starts.

NO!

Britton can be brought up on April 21. That is game 19 of the season. He will have missed 3 starts (or 2, if the 5th starter's turn is skipped the first time through and that would have been Britton's). How many times do I have to say this?

NO!

Britton can be brought up on April 21. That is game 19 of the season. He will have missed 3 starts (or 2, if the 5th starter's turn is skipped the first time through and that would have been Britton's). How many times do I have to say this?

Infinity, in this particular case. You really should know that by now.

I also recall the Oden-Durant debate being less lopsided. Not that it matters since this is a different debate than choosing one guy or another. Is it a little bit of a gamble to think that Britton will be every bit as good as we hope he will be in that last year, certainly but acting like we're doomed with Tillman or Bergy on the mound in his place. And BTerp put it well in another thread, these guys aren't Steve Tranchel or Adam Eaton with little room for improvement themselves but young guys with potential themselves. I'd be sympathetic and receptive to the argument if the guys pitching in place of Britton were old and mediocre but these are young guys with some potential of their own. Ignoring that is silly in my eyes.

NO!

Clearly we need to pitch him on three days rest so he can stop more losing streaks. Shoot, now that I think about it we should name him the opening day starter so we can fit him in 5 or 6 times before the 21st.

Archived