Buster Olney thinks Rendon could be sliding down draft boards?

It's hardly "sliding" when you fall from number 1 to number 2.

I was a little confused about that, since Olney wrote "pitchers" plural. I wonder if he thinks there's a chance Gray and others might go before Rendon too?

I was a little confused about that, since Olney wrote "pitchers" plural. I wonder if he thinks there's a chance Gray and others might go before Rendon too?

He does, but I don't know if it's Gray specifically. There are a few pitchers having a good year right now, between that, expense, and pitching, pitching, pitching being a need for every team, I could see it happen. I just hope the O's wouldn't let him get past 4.

He does, but I don't know if it's Gray specifically. There are a few pitchers having a good year right now, between that, expense, and pitching, pitching, pitching being a need for every team, I could see it happen. I just hope the O's wouldn't let him get past 4.

I would be very surprised to see him slip to number 4, but to me it really doesn't matter too much. I just want the Orioles to take the best available player in the first round. I don't want to get too caught up with a player based soley on name recognition. Now, if Rendon is available and he is deemed to be the top player available to us (which I assume would likely be the case) then I definatley want him selected.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to apologize in advance and admit that I don't follow the college baseball season much except right around the draft, but I have a question on Rendon. Is there any issues with the ankle/foot after last year? Is he running normally? Could a little loss of power be explained because he isn't back to 100% with the foot and with the weight bearing and transfering of power coming from the core/legs up could that be part of the issue? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I want to apologize in advance and admit that I don't follow the college baseball season much except right around the draft, but I have a question on Rendon. Is there any issues with the ankle/foot after last year? Is he running normally? Could a little loss of power be explained because he isn't back to 100% with the foot and with the weight bearing and transfering of power coming from the core/legs up could that be part of the issue? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

ANkle is fine. He was actually hitting bombs during BP this winter while still wearing the boot. Strained his shoulder right before the season started during a stretching exercise. Hasn't jumped back into playing 3B because he doesn't want to risk further injuring it. I can't imagine his stock will fall much, if at all. Even in a good draft class.

Archived