McGary will make official UM visit

Birds of B'more

Carter still has the Terps on his list' date=' and apparently will visit....not sure if it's official or unofficial, but either way, if he's coming to the campus that's always a positive sign.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/10/3/2466019/maryland-target-mitch-mcgary-canceling-visits-favoring-michigan

Does anyone know when these guys are looking to decide?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The early signing period is Nov 9-16. Not sure how many of these guys intend to sign early' date=' but I think most of the top guys usually do.[/quote']

Ok. I've always wondered what the signing periods were about... Can no one commit to a team between the signing periods?

Ok. I've always wondered what the signing periods were about... Can no one commit to a team between the signing periods?

Sure, they can commit any time they want to, but can only sign during the designated signing period. And as Terp fans know all too well, things can change between a verbal commitment and a signed LOI.

Sure' date=' they can commit any time they want to, but can only sign during the designated signing period. And as Terp fans know all too well, things can change between a verbal commitment and a signed LOI.[/quote']

Right ok, that's what I figured. What's the point of the signing period? What would be so wrong with athletes being abel to sign with a school whenever just like every other kid?

Right ok, that's what I figured. What's the point of the signing period? What would be so wrong with athletes being abel to sign with a school whenever just like every other kid?

I think the signing periods are timed to coincide with when coaches are allowed to contact recruits....but not sure why the dates for signing are so structured. And unlike all other NCAA sports, where there is an early signing period in the fall and another in the spring, for football there is no early signing period. Football players can usually only sign LOIs during the regular signing period from Feb-April. The one exception being for JC transfers. Some football coaches have argued for an early signing period for football too....but others are against it because they say that doing all of the last-minute recruiting push would be too difficult to do during the season.

Time to focus on Amile Jefferson and Robert Carter' date=' both of whom appear to still have interest. I especially think Carter would fit perfectly in the front court with Shaq Cleare and Jake Layman.[/quote']

Don't forget about Torian Graham.

@BrewsterHoops

Jason Smith

#Maryland @CoachTurgeon will be at #Brewster today to visit with @KarrSampson14, as well as @MitchMcGary33

14 hours ago via web Favorite Retweet

Seen on ExtremeSkins

Hey, I'm as glad as anyone that we're still listed. Huge coup just getting that far. I just feel that I can conclude, from all his public comments, articles, interviews, etc, that its really a two horse race between Duke and Michigan and that he's keeping all the others around just to keep his options open. There's really no reason for him to eliminate schools at this point until he makes his decision.

The big get for us next year is the Harrison brothers.

Graham and Jeffeson would be awesome to finish out this year.

If we could get all four of those players, with Stoglin hopefully returning and Cleare on the roster, you'd have to think that we're very good final four contenders.

Archived