McGary will make official UM visit

Birds of B'more

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to follow up on the McGary Tweet' date=' I wonder if the defections of Syracuse and Pitt had anything to do with Sampson's decommit?[/quote']

Who knows why the heck these kids decommit. If we could get both, it would be absolutely incredible, but I wouldn't put the chances of that very high at all.

Who knows why the heck these kids decommit. If we could get both, it would be absolutely incredible, but I wouldn't put the chances of that very high at all.

Only they know, but it wouldn't shock me if the instability of the Big East played some sort of role in his decision. At the very least the timing suggests a correlation.

He's white. He's good at basketball.

We know how this ends.

Tough to refute this one. :)

Glad to see he's making a visit, but I've never had much hope of landing him. Still, it apparentl won't be for lack of effort from the staff. Not sure who his lead recruiter is, but is sure sounds like MD has a lot of smooth operators in Hill, Ranson and Spinelli.

Someone tell me the last time a top 5 prospect even made an official visit to Maryland. I'm not sure if Carmelo did and Rudy Gay did but not positive if he was top 5 or not. This is progress even though we know how it's going to end up.

This. The feeling of disappointment when McGary ends up picking you-know-who still beats having to see the Terps not even try to recruit the guy in the first place. And I think we can all feel positive that Turgeon & Co. will soon be sealing the deal with the Mitch McGary's of the world.

Archived