Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does trading a SS signify a move for a third baseman?

It doesn't, receiving a starter does. The premise being that the Angels wanted Garland so that it would make dealing Weaver or Santana or Saunders easier. Apparently the deal would look "something like" Kendrick/Wood/Saunders/Adenhart for MCab.

It doesn't, receiving a starter does. The premise being that the Angels wanted Garland so that it would make dealing Weaver or Santana or Saunders easier. Apparently the deal would look "something like" Kendrick/Wood/Saunders/Adenhart for MCab.

Maybe but I don't buy that they needed another starter to trade Saunders and especially Santana.

Yes but not all of them will be interested in Miggy or have the players to trade for him.

If they have no interest or not enough talent then it doesn't matter when we trade Tejada because those teams will never come into play. It take two to dance.

If they have no interest or not enough talent then it doesn't matter when we trade Tejada because those teams will never come into play. It take two to dance.

Wrong....We have been told that the Cubs have an offer on the table.

If that offer includes Pie and we aren't taking it, I hope it is because we may be working on something larger with the Dodgers as has been suggested.

If not, then we should jump on a Cubs offer, assuming Pie is in it.

I mean, if the rest of the package is total garbage, then i understand the hesitance there but Pie + others(Bigbird said Pie, Marshall and 2 MiLers) is likely enough to pull the trigger.

Wrong....We have been told that the Cubs have an offer on the table.

If that offer includes Pie and we aren't taking it, I hope it is because we may be working on something larger with the Dodgers as has been suggested.

If not, then we should jump on a Cubs offer, assuming Pie is in it.

I mean, if the rest of the package is total garbage, then i understand the hesitance there but Pie + others(Bigbird said Pie, Marshall and 2 MiLers) is likely enough to pull the trigger.

Wrong? About what? I'm right and you're wrong. There how's that?

I think it's a pretty big assumption to think that Pie is in any Tejada deal. Bigbird says a lot of things that aren't neccessarily fact. He said "expect a lot of action" and the next day he said "It's going to be slow." I'm not implying anything by that other than that bigbird isn't gospel. So you really don't know what the O's have turned down and what they haven't so it's a real reach to assume that the O's are sitting on thier hands while solid offers for Tejada pass them by. Even if Pie is in a package that doesn't mean we couldn't get a better one by waiting for MCab to get moved, or that he won't be available later in the offseason.

This is the fact of the matter: Miguel Tejada is the premier SS/3b left on the market after MCab. There are quite a few teams looking for an upgrade at those positions; they can't all get MCab. At some point they will come to the O's. Now if they don't have the willingness or players to trade for Tejada now that won't change because MCab gets moved. The O's are better off waiting than moving Tejada for less than an optimal return and they risk NOTHING by waiting- to an extent. If this were Jan I could maybe see the angst but it isn't even Thanksgiving yet and the Winter Meetings haven't occurred. I've been real impressed by AM so far, in his willingness to let the market come to him and not panicking- see Weiter's negotiations, and the ST trade- and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Wrong? About what? I'm right and you're wrong. There how's that?
You were wrong because of the it takes 2 to tango...Well, both sides are there to tango...That's my point.
I think it's a pretty big assumption to think that Pie is in any Tejada deal.
Every insider on this board, who are usually extremely accurate, have all said Pie will be in a Miggy deal with the Cubs. I believe them a lot more than some guess from someone who isn't "in the know".
He said "expect a lot of action" and the next day he said "It's going to be slow." I'm not implying anything by that other than that bigbird isn't gospel. So you really don't know what the O's have turned down and what they haven't so it's a real reach to assume that the O's are sitting on thier hands while solid offers for Tejada pass them by. Even if Pie is in a package that doesn't mean we couldn't get a better one by waiting for MCab to get moved, or that he won't be available later in the offseason.
None of this really matters in comparison to what i said. I said, IF PIE is in the deal.....So if he's not, then it doesn't matter.
This is the fact of the matter: Miguel Tejada is the premier SS/3b left on the market after MCab. There are quite a few teams looking for an upgrade at those positions; they can't all get MCab
We have been hearing this the last 1.5 years.

Again, If Pie isn't in the deal or the rest of package is garbage or if they are working on something bigger with the Dodgers, i understand not trading him yet.

Again, If Pie isn't in the deal or the rest of package is garbage or if they are working on something bigger with the Dodgers, i understand not trading him yet.

I personally hope if Bedard is traded, that its with Tejada to LAD. Would you rather have one giant LAD deal or seperate LAD and CHC deals?

Archived