Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Dodgers are out of the picture for Bedard, which they will be if they trade for Cabrera, then MacPhail should just accept all bids to see who can land him. I'm sure the Mets could come up with a strong package and the Diamondbacks as well.

The best thing to happen would be the Angels landing Cabrera. Let's hope they can get it done so the Dodgers can save their prospects for Bedard...

If the Dodgers are out of the picture for Bedard, which they will be if they trade for Cabrera, then MacPhail should just accept all bids to see who can land him. I'm sure the Mets could come up with a strong package and the Diamondbacks as well.

The best thing to happen would be the Angels landing Cabrera. Let's hope they can get it done so the Dodgers can save their prospects for Bedard...

If it's not the Dodgers, go to Seattle for Bedard.

Originally Posted by Belkast

We are talking with the Angels about Tejada but they seem to want Cabrera. We have been talking with them seriously for about a week so who knows....

I agree with Peace I still think he goes to the Cubs. The Cubs as I have been told have the best 'offer' on the table as of this moment. My guy said there should be some activity on our end sometime next week.

If the Cubs have a good offer on the table, and I assume Pie is part of that offer, why are we waiting?

He said "the best offer", he didn't say it was good.

Really rooting for the Angels to get MCab.

However, this quote:

The Dodgers stand a better chance of acquiring Cabrera from the Marlins, major-league sources say, if they are willing to part with outfielder Matt Kemp along with third baseman Andy LaRoche and Class AA left-hander Clayton Kershaw.

gives me pause re: Bedard.

If that's all LAD wants for Cabrera, that deal should be done yesterday. That's only a little more than what a lot of us want for Bedard, and I think we all agree that Cabrera is more valuable than Bedard.

I was under the impression that FLA wanted a fourth player. If LAD turns down that package for Cabrera, I don't think we'll get anything close to it for Bedard.

Really rooting for the Angels to get MCab.

However, this quote:

gives me pause re: Bedard.

If that's all LAD wants for Cabrera, that deal should be done yesterday. That's only a little more than what a lot of us want for Bedard, and I think we all agree that Cabrera is more valuable than Bedard.

I was under the impression that FLA wanted a fourth player. If LAD turns down that package for Cabrera, I don't think we'll get anything close to it for Bedard.

They might...We really don't know....We saw a report that they did. He also didn't say those are the only 3 players they want although I am sure that is what he meant.

He has also said that Pie will be in a Cubs deal...So, i am assuming that means he is part of the package.

Well, we haven't made a deal as of yet, so I would presume he isn't included... because like you said, if he is, what's the hold up....?? Do we think we can get a better deal from the Angels?

What questions are there about Kemp's attitude?

From Dodgers.com:

Matt Kemp made an impact, too, although not all of it was good. He looked like he needed a GPS the way he sometimes ran the bases, his fundamentals were lacking and his cocky clubhouse attitude put off pretty much every veteran. That said, he has a wealth of tools and he made better adjustments in his swing this year. He figures to be an everyday player in 2008, either for the Dodgers or elsewhere via a trade that could net plenty in return.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070927&content_id=2234671&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Right, the reason we may not have pulled the trigger is because Pie isn't in the deal as of yet, and we are waiting for him to be included...

I doubt it....I would think it is more along the lines of the Cubs not including the a better second or third guy.

The Orioles better not drag their feet and cause teams to look elsewhere this time.

He has also said that Pie will be in a Cubs deal...So, i am assuming that means he is part of the package.

Wait so if Pie part of the "best offer" that you already talked about? If he is the deal should be done. Im not saying a heads up deal but it should be more than negotiable

Archived