Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great trade for the Angels...Garland isn't great but he is more valuable than OCab IMO, plus, they only have to have Garland for one year and he is likely to net them 1 or 2 draft picks if they don't resign him.(of course, they may have had the same with OCab as well)

Meanwhile, they get rid of OCab, who many on here seem to be overrating.

Cabrera was solid this year with his 300 BA and 350 OBP...But his slugging was under 400...He is a very good SB guy though, not neccassarily in the amount but in his percentage.

He isn't even close to the offensive SS that Tejada is. He career OPS is 724 and it has only been over 800 once.

Cabrera is 33 as well.

I don't see how this opens up any kind of deal for MCab...Orlando wasn't moving to third and Miguel ain't going to SS.

To me, this signals one of 2 things:

1) Tejada to the Angels

2) Wood or Aybar to SS

How this opens the door for MCab is beyond me.

My guy is telling me that the Angels want Miguel Cabrera badly. And we both agree that Tejada would be a fall back option if they dont land MCab. Plus we still think the Cubs will land Tejada.

This may be true but then why trade Ocab. If they add Mcab for third, where would Figgins play? I do not think he could play short. They could move him to second assuming Kendrick is part of the package for Mcab, but they would still need a SS.

Maybe they have enough prospects to trade for both Mcab and Tejada. Kendrick, Santana, and Adenhart for Mcab then Wood and Willits for Tejada. If they really want to go for broke and win now this would be a way to do it.

That lineup with Cabrera, Vlad, Tejada, and Kotchman in the middle with Figgins getting on base in front of them would be scary and they even would have upgraded their rotation. This could get them on an even playing field with the Red Sox

The rumored Bedard to LAD is being held up because the prospects they would use to land Bedard are some of the same guys the Dodgers would have to use to get Miguel Cabrera. Half of me wants Tejada to be dealt to the Angels just to get him off the team and to begin the rebuilding proces. The other half of me hopes that the Angles manage to make a deal for Cabrera so that we still have a shot at trading Bedard to LAD.

We are talking with the Angels about Tejada but they seem to want Cabrera. We have been talking with them seriously for about a week so who knows....

I agree with Peace I still think he goes to the Cubs. The Cubs as I have been told have the best 'offer' on the table as of this moment. My guy said there should be some activity on our end sometime next week.

We are talking with the Angels about Tejada but they seem to want Cabrera. We have been talking with them seriously for about a week so who knows....

I agree with Peace I still think he goes to the Cubs. The Cubs as I have been told have the best 'offer' on the table as of this moment. My guy said there should be some activity on our end sometime next week.

Well, who wouldn't want Cabrera over Tejada? Assuming he goes to the Angels or the Dodgers, we then have the loser of that battle competing with the Cubs over Tejada, I suppose.

I think this is a better fit but mostly I think it is going to come down to MCab. If the Dodgers get him the O's may have to step back and rethink how this is going to work out with the Dodgers out of the picture for Bedard.

If the Cubs have a good offer on the table, and I assume Pie is part of that offer, why are we waiting?

Well, who wouldn't want Cabrera over Tejada? Assuming he goes to the Angels or the Dodgers, we then have the loser of that battle competing with the Cubs over Tejada, I suppose.

Any chance we can entice the Dodgers by putting Tejada and Bedard in the same package or is that just to many prospects to give up?

If the Cubs have a good offer on the table, and I assume Pie is part of that offer, why are we waiting?

We should tell the Angels that we are giving them until Wednesday to come up with a better offer than the Cubs for Miggy. That would probably lead them to put their best package on the table for Cabrera, and tell the Marlins they need to know by Wednesday. At least it would be nice if we could work it that way.

Archived