Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

Reading that article again Rosenthal states the Dodgers have the best chance IF they are willing to part with Kemp and Kershaw in addition to LaRoche, it doesn't say that they are willing to do that, yet. So the Marlins like that package of players the best, but it doesn't mean they are going to get all of them...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Dodgers.com:

Matt Kemp made an impact, too, although not all of it was good. He looked like he needed a GPS the way he sometimes ran the bases, his fundamentals were lacking and his cocky clubhouse attitude put off pretty much every veteran. That said, he has a wealth of tools and he made better adjustments in his swing this year. He figures to be an everyday player in 2008, either for the Dodgers or elsewhere via a trade that could net plenty in return.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070927&content_id=2234671&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Just out of curiosity, if Kemp isn't ideal for some folks, would you accept a guy like Ethier in his place? This is assuming LAD won't part with Loney. Obviously, Kemp's upside is higher, and he's a few years younger than Ethier, but I think I'd consider that deal, assuming the rest of the package was strong enough.

Reading that article again Rosenthal states the Dodgers have the best chance IF they are willing to part with Kemp and Kershaw, it doesn't say that they are willing to do that, yet...

Well I am sure they have realized already that this will be the only way they can even sniff MCab or Bedard.

We are talking with the Angels about Tejada but they seem to want Cabrera. We have been talking with them seriously for about a week so who knows....

I agree with Peace I still think he goes to the Cubs. The Cubs as I have been told have the best 'offer' on the table as of this moment. My guy said there should be some activity on our end sometime next week.

Belkast, any insight on who's in the Cubs package? Is Pie being offered? I'm assuming not as he's the guy we've been targeting, so there's no reason not to pull the trigger if he's there.

Belkast, any insight on who's in the Cubs package? Is Pie being offered? I'm assuming not as he's the guy we've been targeting, so there's no reason not to pull the trigger if he's there.

Maybe the offer at this point is Pie and Blah prospect. If this is the case they may be waiting out MCab expecting the offers to get better.

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal says the Dodgers are back in the lead in the race for Miguel Cabrera.

Rosenthal says the Angels and White Sox could both still be in the hunt after Monday's trade. He doesn't mention the Giants, who were reported Friday to be aggressively pursuing Cabrera. According to Rosenthal, the Marlins want Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw and Andy LaRoche for Cabrera. That'd be an extremely high price to pay, and it's hard to see the Angels matching that offer. Jered Weaver and Nick Adenhart are very valuable, but Kershaw trumps both. Nov. 19 - 5:45 pm et

Source: FOXSports.com

If this is what is considered too much for Cabrera we'd probably have to give up Bedard and Tejada to get those 3 back.

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal says the Dodgers are back in the lead in the race for Miguel Cabrera.

Rosenthal says the Angels and White Sox could both still be in the hunt after Monday's trade. He doesn't mention the Giants, who were reported Friday to be aggressively pursuing Cabrera. According to Rosenthal, the Marlins want Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw and Andy LaRoche for Cabrera. That'd be an extremely high price to pay, and it's hard to see the Angels matching that offer. Jered Weaver and Nick Adenhart are very valuable, but Kershaw trumps both. Nov. 19 - 5:45 pm et

Source: FOXSports.com

If this is what is considered too much for Cabrera we'd probably have to give up Bedard and Tejada to get those 3 back.

I would gladly take LaRoche and Hu for Miggy alone. Throw in Bedard and you have to add Loney, Broxton and Kershaw.

Maybe the offer at this point is Pie and Blah prospect. If this is the case they may be waiting out MCab expecting the offers to get better.

I don't buy it, the offers aren't going to get any better (they weren't even that great last time when Tejada wasn't declining in production). Why would we care who the 2nd player is back with Pie? All we need is 1 centerpiece young player back. I think Cedeno would be the best 2nd player back since we can try him at SS, and even he's not that great. Who else could we possibly be waiting on? They're not trading Rich Hill. I'm thinking Pie isn't on the table and its unfortunately one of those offers davearm has been floating like the one in the other thread, something like Cedeno/Marshall/Patterson.

I don't buy it, the offers aren't going to get any better (they weren't even that great last time when Tejada wasn't declining in production). Why would we care who the 2nd player is back with Pie? All we need is 1 centerpiece young player back. I think Cedeno would be the best 2nd player back since we can try him at SS, and even he's not that great. Who else could we possibly be waiting on? They're not trading Rich Hill. I'm thinking Pie isn't on the table and its unfortunately one of those offers davearm has been floating like the one in the other thread, something like Cedeno/Marshall/Patterson.

Who knows? These are all viable senerios.

I know I'm late to this thread, but over on the Angels' boards they're not even thinking about a Tejada trade. To them this was a move to add extra pitching because they expect Weaver & Wood to be in a package going to the Marlins for MCab. Aybar is who they assume will fill their SS slot next year.

Archived