Astro's move to AL finalized?

sangar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Brewers moved to the NL in the 90's...wouldn't it be jerking them around to move them back to the AL?
Well, they have familiarity with the AL so that would have made the most sense.

However, the Astros are closer to the AL West in proximity, so I think that has a lot to do with it. Plus, I think MLB wants to hype up this Houston/Texas rivalry.

I agree with BT, Selig is a complete and utter disaster. Always has been and always will be.

Well, they have familiarity with the AL so that would have made the most sense.

However, the Astros are closer to the AL West in proximity, so I think that has a lot to do with it. Plus, I think MLB wants to hype up this Houston/Texas rivalry.

I agree with BT, Selig is a complete and utter disaster. Always has been and always will be.

In addition to the HOU/TEX rivalry this also should very slightly improve travel schedules for OAK, SEA and LAA since they should be able to piggyback an additional city onto their Arlington trips. The Mariners in particular basically get screwed every year when it comes to miles travelled. For example, in their TEX trips this year SEA went MIN-TEX-OAK, OAK-TEX-(off)-SEA, and LAA-TEX-(off)-SEA.

The Diamondbacks would have made the most sense. I do agree there. But on top of that I guess they didn't want to have to move a team from the central to the west.

Yeah, they obviously didn't want to move HOU to the NL West or KC/MIN to the AL West (to accommodate MIL).

• 1 month later...

Archived