Astro's move to AL finalized?

sangar

If you want to make scheduling completely fair, and contraction's off the table, then reduce the number of games to 159...play each team in your league 6 times and each team in the other league 5 times.

Then half the teams get 1 less home game per season...and would affect half the teams' revenues. Unless you're proposing everyone play a 3-game series at neutral sites. But there probably aren't enough of those around that could host MLB games.

EDIT: And I didn't even address the issue that with a 159 game schedule, every MLB owner would be taking in less revenue than they do with a 162 game schedule.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then half the teams get 1 less home game per season...and would affect half the teams' revenues. Unless you're proposing everyone play a 3-game series at neutral sites. But there probably aren't enough of those around that could host MLB games.

EDIT: And I didn't even address the issue that with a 159 game schedule' date=' [b']every[/b] MLB owner would be taking in less revenue than they do with a 162 game schedule.

That's a good point about an odd number schedule. To address your edit, you can have a 163 game schedule playing your dision 7 times. Take the gate from the extra game and donate to charity-- preferably my daughter's college fund.

Here's my idea for a slightly unbalanced schedule with 15 in each league and 3 divisions. 8 against each in your division. 6 against everyone else in your league except the 2 teams that matched your division standing from last season would be 8 games. (i.e. 1st place vs 1st place). Then 6 games against each team in 2 divisions from other league. That leaves 6 games against the team that matched your standing in the leftover division.

A bit complicated but I kinda like it. I really hate 2 game series. Also it matches home and away for each team.

I think Milwaukee should have moved back. Moving Houston was dumb. It will not heighten the HOU/TEX series. It was already something with them playing 6 times a year, playing for a silver boot. Now, it will just be division play, nothing special.

I didn't mind interleague play, however I think with this every day interleague, it will be tough to schedule everyone around, switching back and forth. Granted, travel may be a little easier, though I don't think it will make that huge of a difference. Not sure why this had to be part of the new CBA. That part just doesn't make sense to me -- the why now part. I understand Houston is being sold, but ...

I think Milwaukee should have moved back. Moving Houston was dumb. It will not heighten the HOU/TEX series. It was already something with them playing 6 times a year, playing for a silver boot. Now, it will just be division play, nothing special.

I didn't mind interleague play, however I think with this every day interleague, it will be tough to schedule everyone around, switching back and forth. Granted, travel may be a little easier, though I don't think it will make that huge of a difference. Not sure why this had to be part of the new CBA. That part just doesn't make sense to me -- the why now part. I understand Houston is being sold, but ...

I think someone is OCD and wanted 5 teams in each division. :D

Archived