Cartoon Bird is BACK

irishterp10

I don't see why you have a problem with the orange bill. It's traditional, and it fits with the bird, which after all, has a lot of orange. But whatever. It is a matter of opinion.
I just think its ugly.

I never said those who like it are wrong...you aren't a lawyer on this board, so let's not try to spin things to fit your own personal agendas.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think its ugly.

I never said those who like it are wrong...you aren't a lawyer on this board, so let's not try to spin things to fit your own personal agendas.

Yeah, you are entitled to think it is ugly, that is why I said it is a matter of opinion. I will leave it at that, no need to spend a lot of time arguing about the colors on a hat when there are far more important things like back-up catcher to argue about.

I think the orange jerseys look cool, but would look better with the road black cap. The white cap is a big "meh" for me and it only looks halfway decent when worn with the white jerseys.

I like the change overall, though.

I agree that the white panel hats are a downgrade. I really like the black hats. I really like the road uni combo now. I had not been a big fan of the grey unis, but this looks pretty good.

Yeah, you are entitled to think it is ugly, that is why I said it is a matter of opinion. I will leave it at that, no need to spend a lot of time arguing about the colors on a hat when there are far more important things like back-up catcher to argue about.

HAHA! The backup catcher ain't much to argue about either.

They should be forced to wear the white panel hat until they are good again, imho. I don't want to see the hat of Brooks, Frank, and Boog disgraced by the current members of the O's. When I see Hardy and Matusz modeling the white panel hat all I can think of is Jay Tibbs and Rick Schu.

So does anyone know when Lids will have the new hats in stock?

edit - gave them a call, said sometimes they have exclusive contracts that don't allow new logos to be sold my retailers. Ex) Marlins cannot be sold in stores until 1 week after opening day.

Guy was unsure on situation about Orioles hats. Looks like I may have to make a trip to O's store in a week or so or order online. (hat size is tough though)

I like the new hats a lot, but they don't seem to mesh well with the modern jerseys. I've always liked the white panel hats more than the black just as a hat, which probably puts me in the minority, but they look kind of weird with the white jerseys. Maybe they'd look better with the black jerseys? The black hat with grey jersey is better but there is still something off about it to me. I agree with those who have said the black hat might be better with the orange jerseys, which I think could use some minute alterations to spruce it up. Like the idea, though. I guess we'll be getting modified jerseys next year when the O's need attention again :D.

Archived