Cartoon Bird is BACK

irishterp10

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks!

Champs had them.

The material on these hats is different than the other New Era hat's I have. They do have a "shorter" crest than most of the O's hats I have though.

Are you talking about both the black and white cap, or just the white? Because that was my initial thought when I first picked the white panel off of the shelf, but now I think it might be that the white panel just makes it appear slightly shorter. When compared side by side to my other New Era caps, it seems about the same:

IMG_6388.jpg

Note that the black cartoon cap is the TBTC cap from earlier this year, not the new one.

Proud owner of both new cartoon bird hats now... and let me just say that in person they look... AMAZING. Best thing to happen to this organization since knocking off the Mariners in the 1997 ALDS (which is obviously pretty pathetic- but it is what it is)...

Seriously- love 'em both and though I was initially partial to the black panel over the white panel... seeing them in front of me makes me psyched that they will BOTH get plenty of use. To me they're a great home/road combo.

Also- I absolutely LOVE the "O's" on the cartoon bird's hat (which I did NOT expect to like). It's a great little bonus touch IMHO that kind of reminds me of the baseball glove on the old (and by far best) Brewers' caps that actually also was an "mb" (Milwaukee Brewers). I personally love little details like that...:thumbsup1:

Finally- perhaps it's an optical illusion- but I do feel like both caps have smaller crowns/front panel areas- which I actually find to be a good thing. Seems to be a little less of that "train engineer"/rookie call-up look with these official hats than official hats I bought in the past. I could be nuts though...

Technically correct, but not the place Paul Lukas got it from (Sportslogos.net doesn't have the vector versions of logos available). Lukas got the logo directly out of the O's Style Guide for 2012, which he also linked to at the bottom of his article. These things are difficult for fans to get access to, unless you really go hunting.

Proud owner of both new cartoon bird hats now... and let me just say that in person they look... AMAZING. Best thing to happen to this organization since knocking off the Mariners in the 1997 ALDS (which is obviously pretty pathetic- but it is what it is)...

Seriously- love 'em both and though I was initially partial to the black panel over the white panel... seeing them in front of me makes me psyched that they will BOTH get plenty of use. To me they're a great home/road combo.

Also- I absolutely LOVE the "O's" on the cartoon bird's hat (which I did NOT expect to like). It's a great little bonus touch IMHO that kind of reminds me of the baseball glove on the old (and by far best) Brewers' caps that actually also was an "mb" (Milwaukee Brewers). I personally love little details like that...:thumbsup1:

Finally- perhaps it's an optical illusion- but I do feel like both caps have smaller crowns/front panel areas- which I actually find to be a good thing. Seems to be a little less of that "train engineer"/rookie call-up look with these official hats than official hats I bought in the past. I could be nuts though...

I've said this before in this thread (or a different one.) I don't like the O's hat at all, but it just works perfectly on the cartoon bird.

What do you think of this design?

I actually like that quite a bit more, I find the white line on the hat to be a little bit distracting on the real version. Although, I am certainly nitpicking there. I enjoy the new logo as a whole but I do like this revised version more, except for the orange stripe on the hat.

I actually like that quite a bit more, I find the white line on the hat to be a little bit distracting on the real version. Although, I am certainly nitpicking there. I enjoy the new logo as a whole but I do like this revised version more, except for the orange stripe on the hat.
Ditto, about the orange hat stripe. I like the cap brim a lot better, the tilt of the head, and the eyes.

orioles2.jpg

More on the design, here.

The artist says, "The artwork looks like a minor league designer pulled it off instead of a skilled seasoned veteran," but, ironically, I think his version, with the overly rounded lines, looks more like a minor league logo, or perhaps a "Junior Orioles" type logo. It's too soft for my taste. Also, I don't think it'd look as nice on a hat. It's fine, I suppose, but the new version looks great on the hat.

orioles2.jpg

More on the design, here.

Hmmm. At first glance, I thought it looked really cool. But the more I look at it (and looking at it side-by-side with the real one), I think I like the one they went with better. But good effort.

I like aspects of it... the brim of the hat, the button, the eyes not being the same size, but then again, I also like the eyes being the same size on the real one. For some reason, it works. Also, I like how the real one looks more like the old versions, but still different. It also looks much better on the actual cap.

I don't know... it's hard to describe what I don't like about it... it almost looks too kid-like, kinda reminds of this guy:

babybird.jpg

Anyway, hard to give too much weight to this guy... a Red Sox fan! Sorry about your experience with Eddie Murray, but come on! Red Sox!?

Nothin' beats ol' Crazy Eyes though!

659.gif

Archived