Orioles Reach Out To Prince Fielder's Representatives

FlyGy185

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. This. There are NO premium bats available under 30 for the next several years. Case closed. Makes you wonder why only a few teams are asking about him.

BTW I think the odds of us getting Fielder are about the same as me waking up next to Mila Kunis tomorrow.

Simple economics. The usual players (Angels, Yanks, BoSox, Mets, Phillies blah blah blah) are set at 1B or have other needs. He is a free agent at the wrong time. it might be in his interests to be open to a say a 5yr deal that can be voided after say 3 were he could hit the market again if he wanted to or negotiate an extension (kinda like the option that C.C Sabathia had). I gotta believe that under those conditions, his market might expand enough to get him a better deal.

Far as you waking up next to Mila Kunis that's not enough to accurately represent how low the odds are the O's sign Prince. More like waking up with Mila on one side and Jennifer Anniston on the other.......ahhhhh if your gonna dream dream big brother :)

Exclusive:

Orioles conversation with Prince Fielder's representatives

Orioles: We'd like to know if Prince would be willing to play for us in about 10 years when his knees are completely shot and he's a good 4 to 6 years past his prime.

Prince's representatives: We just might be able to work something out with you guys!

What Trea is saying is right. This guy can mash, and we all agree on here that we need a MOO bat. Why not? Why not go after Fielder and pay the man? I would ONLY be against signing him IF we completely disregarded the other areas that we need to improve on (SP).

We need to grab the best talent that we can, while we can. Fielder is a perennial MVP candidate year in and year out, we dont have ANY of those guys on our team. Fielder would automatically be added to our core and the middle of our lineup. Think if Wieters becomes .300/25/90 type catcher....We would have a lethal offense, but none of this matters if we cant get quality pitching. So Ill say it again, Im FOR signing Fielder IF we upgrade in other areas. We cant just sign him and hop that his signing alone will make us a contender..it will certainly help and push us in the right direction, but not make us a 95 win team, unless we upgrade and develop.

2. Nick

3. Wieters

4. Fielder

5. Reynolds

6. Jones

I love how "reaching out to his agent" is even news. I truthfully would of hoped that DD reached out his first day on the job to just get an idea of where things stand with Prince and what he really is looking for. I donno. This just seems like a ridiculous "story" as there is nothing to it really.

What Trea is saying is right. This guy can mash, and we all agree on here that we need a MOO bat. Why not? Why not go after Fielder and pay the man? I would ONLY be against signing him IF we completely disregarded the other areas that we need to improve on (SP).

We need to grab the best talent that we can, while we can. Fielder is a perennial MVP candidate year in and year out, we dont have ANY of those guys on our team. Fielder would automatically be added to our core and the middle of our lineup. Think if Wieters becomes .300/25/90 type catcher....We would have a lethal offense, but none of this matters if we cant get quality pitching. So Ill say it again, Im FOR signing Fielder IF we upgrade in other areas. We cant just sign him and hop that his signing alone will make us a contender..it will certainly help and push us in the right direction, but not make us a 95 win team, unless we upgrade and develop.

2. Nick

3. Wieters

4. Fielder

5. Reynolds

6. Jones

As Trea's sidekick, would you even agree that it is a bad idea to sign Fielder if we intend to keep a payroll <100 million? You know, since that is the most likely scenario.

As Trea's sidekick, would you even agree that it is a bad idea to sign Fielder if we intend to keep a payroll <100 million? You know, since that is the most likely scenario.

By 2014 our payroll will be over 100 million. Hell, maybe even next year. Just my guess. What Trea and I (sometimes) say and agree on has a ton of validity and sense to it.

You have yet to explain how this is possible under our current budgetary restrictions, which we have no indication are changing (and we actually have clear indication from DD that our payroll will remain the same). Other than saying "well, maybe he'll change his mind", how do you see this realistically happening? Every single one of us would like to see Prince Fielder in the lineup, you aren't finding any disagreement there - the numbers just don't jive with reality.

No, I realize that. What you don't realize is that doesn't matter at all. Not in the slightest. It's not about how much he has, it's about what he's willing to spend, and he's shown time and time and time again that he has no interest in significantly increasing the Orioles budget. Duquette's comments about the payroll should be indicative of that.

Actually he has shown it (Belle), just not in recent years.

Archived