Prince could accept 3 year deal

Osandbohs83

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least if this goes through, Angelos won't be able to cry poor any longer as there will be financial proof of what MASN is making as it will be made public during the hearings I'm sure...

IMO it's going to be hard to call the Orioles a "small-market team" when those numbers come out...

Which makes me wonder if he'll really let the Nats sign Fielder and then embarass him by taking more money away giving the Nationals more of an income from the station that's supposed to be for the Orioles primarily...

It'll be a double whammy that will make him look worse than he already does. I wonder if his ego can handle it...

If they cannot negotiate an agreement directly, it goes before an arbitrator. There are no hearings.

If the Nats can take it without hurting the Orioles which I'm sure they'll correctly claim, the money is there to be spent now. Why aren't the Orioles having an increase in their rights fees? How much sense would it be for the Nationals to recieve a lot more money from MASN than the Orioles? If the Nats' take increases so should the Orioles'.

For the Nats to sign Fielder they will be at about the same 2012 team payroll as the O's were in 2011. Not sure what an $85M 2011 Orioles team payroll has to do with a $110M 2012 Orioles payroll. If your point is that the Orioles can spend more money on team payroll than they have thus far than I am with you. Everyone thinks MASN is great, but I kind of hate it. Now our owner can make money off of a losing product no matter how many fans show up at the park. Some teams have a budget that is enforced by performance and the fan base and thus are held more accountable to the fans. The Orioles do not need to be more accountable to Comast and DirectTV than they do the fan base. The local media should take them to task, but they can't because the people who would hold them accountable are being supported by the same group that owns the team. If you want a broken system than look no further than the Baltimore Orioles way of doing things on many levels.

Because they would be getting an increase from themselves. What's the point? MASN (owned primarily by the O's), paying more money to the O's for their own broadcast rights?

MASN is owned by the owners of the Orioles and Nationals and not the teams themselves. And that's something that will hopefully be cleared up as well.

If they cannot negotiate an agreement directly, it goes before an arbitrator. There are no hearings.

I'm sure things will come out to leverage one side against the other. In any case this squabble could shed some light on just how much MASN is bringing in and how much of it isn't being spent on the Orioles...

MASN is owned by the owners of the Orioles and Nationals and not the teams themselves. And that's something that will hopefully be cleared up as well.

As Bruno stated, MASN is 87% Orioles ownership and 13% Nationals. This is very simple. We had more money to spend in recent years and didn't spend it. Now we will have less money to spend because it will cost us more money out of pocket to carry Nats games on MASN. Where is the logic jump that makes you think we will have more likelihood to spend more money on players, now that we will have less money to work with?

I'm sure things will come out to leverage one side against the other. In any case this squabble could shed some light on just how much MASN is bringing in and how much of it isn't being spent on the Orioles...

And that would make him spend more, even though he gets a significantly smaller share of the revenue? Public awareness of his cheapskatedness (new word)?

Explain to me exactly how this revelation is meaningful?

Is it like the revelation that the Wilpons were part of the Madoff scandal?

Is it like the revelation that the Nationals front office was part of the Buscone scandal?

Is it like the FEC investigation into the illegal bond dealings of the Marlins stadium group. What does the revelation that Peter Angelos makes money even if the Orioles are not good mean?

The Set of the Mid Atlantic Sports report looks like the cable access set. I can't believe that the channel is being run very profitably with no other sports other than Nat and Os to promote Either.

Every second commercial is for MASN anyway. They can't even sell out the advertising during their prime programing.

The Set of the Mid Atlantic Sports report looks like the cable access set. I can't believe that the channel is being run very profitably with no other sports other than Nat and Os to promote Either.

Every second commercial is for MASN anyway. They can't even sell out the advertising during their prime programing.

Forced subscription fees.

As Bruno stated, MASN is 87% Orioles ownership and 13% Nationals. This is very simple. We had more money to spend in recent years and didn't spend it. Now we will have less money to spend because it will cost us more money out of pocket to carry Nats games on MASN. Where is the logic jump that makes you think we will have more likelihood to spend more money on players, now that we will have less money to work with?

When does MLB stop its payments to Angelos to compensate for the Nats effect on the Orioles market? If the Nats are taking Orioles revenue from MASN (or we need to rightfully pay them more) does the league compensate the Orioles more? On the flip side if the Nats number is $29M-$58M than how much were the Orioles really making and where was that money going? The answer is their pockets and that $80M is just enough of a team payroll to keep all of your favorite Orioles in Baltimore while not supplementing that talent. Of all the sports franchises out there, is there any questions how poor of a product the Orioles have been for about a decade and a half now?

The answer is their pockets and that $80M is just enough of a team payroll to keep all of your favorite Orioles in Baltimore while not supplementing that talent. Of all the sports franchises out there, is there any questions how poor of a product the Orioles have been for about a decade and a half now?

I'm all for the Orioles spending more money on the on-field product....who isn't. I just think it's lunacy to expect Angelos to suddenly start spending significantly more on the ML roster at the same time his profitability is being slashed by the Nats rights fees increasing.

Archived